[Cynnabar] 20170119 Barony of Cynnabar Business Meeting Notes

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Fri Jan 13 01:16:01 UTC 2017

 20170119 Barony of Cynnabar Business Meeting Notes

Center Room, Pierpont Commons.  Workshops 6:30 to 7:15. _ _ attendees

Meeting 7:30- 8:30. _ 12 _ attendees.

Attending: Anya Fairchild, Uillec Machamont, Ilse Strauss, Theo Lemon,
Hannah Schreiber, Tairdelbach na Connail, Ermenrich von Duisburg, Ursula
Georges, Derian le Breton, Eadraed, Ceara, Kay

*Workshop Topics:** No Workshop **Tonight*

January 23, Book Club will be *Hilde *by Nicola Griffith. About Saint Hilda
of Whitby as a young woman.

Meeting began at _7:40_pm.

*Report on KINGDOM 12th Night Jan 7, 2017. THL Ceara *Hidden Springs
Church, Howell *Budget $3200* Breakeven: 220(approx)

·         305 final count.

·         Some issues when we arrived, with site not ready as promised,
kitchen not clean. Everything after event started was very smooth.  The new
open space in the sanctuary made it easy to move activities there. Not
having to go out to another building was seen as a benefit by some who
spoke to Ceara.

·         There was so much help!  And the example of those working through
the day was inspiring. Great cleanup effort.

·         Will discuss a refund for the rooms/ building not ready and
available as agreed.

·         Baron Ermenrich will report on Cynnabar’s experience with the
site to the other Pentemere Baronies.

·         If you have ANY receipts from 12th night please contact both
Ceara and Heidi (cynnabar.exchequer at gmail.com) ASAP.  We would like to
close the books on this event.  If you are scanning and faxing a receipt
please print your name, “12th Night” and what the purchase was for
(Example: “Feast, Turnips from Local farmer”) on the receipt OR on a page
to which the receipt is taped for scanning.  We cannot pay receipts that
are not documented.  Thank you!

*Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos*

*Winterfest *Mon Jan 9 2017*, *4-7 Lady Hattie*.* $25 registration fee

Winterfest recruiting table had happened earlier this evening.

*Terpsichore at the Tower **April 1, 2017 Lord Gavriil.* St Paul’s Church
of Christ, Saline MI. *B**udget $500* Breakeven: 50.

No Report

*St Cecelia at The Tower *May 20-21* 2017 *St Paul’s Church Saline & M-Union
Anderson Rooms* Ms Jadzia. Budget $400 ($200 per 10/17 notes.) *Donations
at the Door.

No Report

*Grand Day of Tournaments- Nov 4, 2017 Site is reserved. Funding *Deposit
should go on the Agenda in January.  Pay in March?

·         Kay will get the reservation paperwork in, by end of month.

·         Thanks to Godaeth who has made the reservation.

*Old Business*

*Officer vacancies to be filled:*

1.      Chatelaine – Possible Applicant is Eidy.

2.      Minister of Youth –

3.      Office of Group Marshal for Archery –

4.      Deputy Seneschal (Drop Dead) – This can be a track to becoming the
next Seneschal, too.  That post will open up in Spring or Summer 2017.

*New Business* (includes items potentially requiring budget outlays)

*Site Fee for Grand Day of Tournaments 2017 $1200 1st of 3 Meetings*

·         Lets fill out the paperwork for the reservation but wait to pay
the deposit until we see if a Steward comes forward with another site
proposal

*Status check on approved budget items    *

*Registering the Baronial Awards and Order Names and Badges. *Mistress
Ursula, Herald. $100 (- $36 disbursed 11/21)

*Restock Cards,* *Brochures-** Chatelaine Box. *$75 Lady Daye.*  Will
advise when done.*

*Announcements** & Group Discussion*

THL Johnna illin Lewis reports that Historian Ivan Day will be at Detroit
Institute of Arts on both the afternoons of Feb 4 and 5. He will be
demonstrating period techniques for sugar and dessert work.
http://www.dia.org/calendar/event.aspx?id=6101&iid=

*Planning for Spring Revel  *We looked at dates a few weeks ago, and think
Sunday April 23 is best. Alana Elenora has mentioned interest in being the
steward.

*Baron and Baroness (Ermenrich) *– Nothing is “coming up soon” for the
first time in months!  But please so award recommendations for the people
you saw go above and beyond the call we issued to all of Cynnabar for 12th
night.  Record your impressions while they are fresh.

Check our calendar to see what events we will attend.  Join us if you can.

Meeting Adjourned at about _8:40_ pm.