[Cynnabar] Cynnabar at Pennsic

Carol Perry Lagemann via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Fri Jul 7 16:04:31 UTC 2017

Hello, Barony!

It's July already, and that means it's time to start thinking about Pennsic
War. This email is about the activities that Cynnabar has planned.

*Camping Notes*

First, some important notes for those who are planning to camp with
Cynnabar:

   - Due to Sir Straum's injury, Lady Tigwyn will be taking the lead in
   running Cynnabar's camp this year. If you need to contact her, please email
   her at tigwyn at gmail.com or message her on Facebook (username "Tigwyn
   Ochils").
   - As was announced at Spring Revel, camp fees will work differently this
   year! Please wait for more information from Lady Tigwyn.
   - Almost 100 people pre-registered to camp with Cynnabar this year,
   which is great! With this number of people, please keep courtesy in mind at
   all times.

*Schedule*

Next, the schedule!

We'd like everyone to consider attending the following events:

   - Saturday (July 29) & Sunday (July 30): Camp setup. We need your help
   setting up communal-use items, such as the kitchen, showers, and shade fly.
   We also appreciate your help setting up each other's tents, as it can be
   difficult to do so by yourself.
   - Monday (August 7) at 10:30 am & Friday (August 11) at 8:30 am: March
   the armored and rapier fighters to the battlefield. Wear Baronial colors
   and bring noisemakers for the parade! Musicians, if you need sheet music
   for the Cynnabar Fight Song, please contact Mistress Jadzia at
   nique.rio at gmail.com.
   - Wednesday (August 9) at 5:00 pm: Potluck & Baronial "Drunken" Court.
   This year's theme is RAGNAROK. There will be prizes for best
   Ragnarok-inspired costume, as well as yummiest food cooked onsite. If you
   have end-of-the-world-related game/entertainment ideas for Court (or any
   other Court business, such as *award recommendations*), let me or Ermenrich
   know soon!
   - Friday (August 11) & Saturday (August 12): Camp teardown. Please keep
   a few hours of your schedule free so you can help with the teardown of
   community items. We will do the bulk of the teardown on Saturday, with some
   nonessentials coming down on Friday afternoon.
   - Friday (August 11) at 6 pm: Eat It, Drink It, Burn It night. Meet
   under the Cynnabar shadefly and bring everything you don't want to take
   home with you: We'll eat it, drink it, and/or burn it in our informal
   potluck & bonfire.

Here are some other activities happening in Cynnabar camp:

   - Saturday (August 5) at 10:00 am: Newcomer Tour of Pennsic with Baron
   Ermenrich. Meet under the Cynnabar shadefly.
   - Monday (August 7) at 5:00 pm & Wednesday (August 9) at 4:00 pm:
   "Exploding Star Origami" class with THL Terryl.
   - Tuesday (August 8) at 10 am - 2 pm: "Introduction to Basket Weaving"
   class with Mistress Felice.
   - Tuesday (August 8): Vigil for Sir Midair MacCormaic (time TBA).

Other big events Cynnabar people are participating in:

   - Psallite is performing on Saturday (August 5), at 6:30 pm.
   - We suspect (though We haven't confirmed) that several Cynnabar members
   will have entries at the Pennsic Arts & Science Display on Sunday (August
   6) from 1:00-5:00 pm.
   - Sir Midair is hosting and performing in "Whose Line Doth It Be?" on
   Monday (August 7), at 7:00 pm.
   - Sir Midair will be representing you as Baronial Armored Champion at
   the Known World Baronial Armored Champions' Tournament on Tuesday (August
   8) at 9:00 am.
   - Sir Hjorleif has been chosen to represent the Kingdom in the A&S War
   Point Challenge on Thursday (August 10). You can visit the display and vote
   for your favorite entries from 8 am - 4 pm.
   - Your Rapier Champion, Lord Thomas Throckmorton, will be representing
   you at the Known World Baronial Rapier Champions' Tournament on Thursday
   (August 10) at 9:30 am.

*Full List of Activities*

For a full list of activities that Cynnabar members are participating in at
Pennsic, go to https://cynnabar.org/baron_baroness and click on "Cynnabar
Pennsic Schedule". We are so proud of how involved you are in Kingdom and
Known World activities! (For example, the last time I looked, 19 Cynnabar
members were teaching 44 classes!)

If there's anything missing from the list, or if you're participating in
one of the events on the schedule (tournaments, A&S displays, etc.) let me
know! Expect multiple updates over the upcoming weeks as team rosters, etc.
are announced and schedules are finalized.

***

We are looking forward to spending an exciting and relaxing week with all
of you!

Sincerely yours in service,
Kasha, Baroness of Cynnabar
Ermenrich, Baron of Cynnabar