[Cynnabar] 20170828 business meeting notes

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Mon Sep 11 21:05:04 UTC 2017

August 28, 2017  Barony of Cynnabar Business Meeting Notes

Sidetrack Bar & Grill, Ypsilanti

Meeting 7:30- 8:30: 11 attendees.

Pre-meeting workshop: 7 attendees

Attending: Derian, Ermenrich, Throckmorton, Eadraed, Johannes, Aeffe,
Godhit, Morwen, Kay, Ursula, Gavriil.
*Workshop Topic:** "Mini herald’s night!"* *Join Lord Eadrǽd Alfordefor a
mini herald’s night! Get your questions regarding names and heraldry
answered, learn about the submissions process, and work on your submission
paperwork if you desire.*

Business Meeting began at 7:30p.m.

*Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos*

*Canton Library Demo*

September the 17th, 1pm – 3pm, setup begins at noon, teardown as needed
afterward, dinner social hour afterward!  If you know you are able to go,
please contact Alanna and let her know what you will do.  There is a
Facebook event set up.  Same space as last year, community room + outdoor
area near the entrance.  Possibly thrown weapons, but waiting on approval
from the library.

*Cook’s Symposium October 13, 14 & 15, 2017 *St Paul’s Church of Christ,
Saline MI. *Baroness Hannah, Steward. Budget $525; breakeven 66 attendees*

THL Ceara has placed a form on Facebook in both the Barony page and the
Crash and Pool page.  One person has contacted her so far.  If you can
offer overnight space to Cooks’ Symposium attendees, please contact Ceara.

·         Hotel block booked, comfort inn and suites, ten rooms

o   In process of updating website

·         Sunday activity – Brewery Becker confirmed!  Behind the scenes
brewery tour.  Historic beers and other cool stuff!  They are excited about
us coming.  Tour starts at noon

·         Business cards advertising the event are available, please pass
them out!

·         Still looking for people to teach

·         Staff meeting was held on 8/27/17 – lots of great classes, period
pottery merchant possibly coming from Northshield, wants to teach a class
using his stuff, people from East kingdom also interested in coming.
Several tracks including one for beginners

*Grand Day of Tournaments- Nov 4, 2017 *Liberty School, Saline MI.*
Mistress Genoveva Steward. Budget $2260; breakeven 174 (may
change)            *

·         *Site is reserved. *Deposit is not required because we have been
diligent at paying on time.  They will bill us after the event.

·         Staff meeting occurred!

·         School has confirmed we have three meeting rooms, for royalty /
scribal, meetings, and A&S

*Old Business*

*Cynnabar Ruby Jubilee*: Need event proposal.  Date has been submitted to
the calendar deputy.

·         Preliminary website up.

·         If you  are interested in helping out or taking a staff position
please contact Baroness Kasha

*Officer vacancies to be filled:*

1.       Minister of Youth– Still seeking a Minister of Youth

*New Business* (includes items potentially requiring budget outlays)

*Wassail, December 16th 2017, Chelsea fairgrounds,* *Albina Gherardi
(Bina), $400 *Cost is same as last year $400, will cover site fee,
insurance (for alcohol), decorations (including elephants!).  The site not
available on the 9th , Dec 16th  does not conflict with Yule in Toledo.
Deposit due in October ($150?)  Second of three meetings.

*Potential new Ann Arbor location for business meetings.*  Fairfax
recommends the Journey of Faith church, located at 1900 Manchester Rd, Ann
Arbor, MI (Near Washtenaw and E Stadium).  This site has a kitchen
available, and the room we could use is about three times the size of the
upstairs room in Sidetrack.  The site has a real elevator inside, and 30 or
40 parking spots available in church parking lot.  There is a bus stop a
two minute walk away.

We propose to offer the following arrangement in exchange for a meeting
site for September – December:

·         $250 payment to purchase supplies for hygiene bags (toilet paper,
toothbrushes, etc)for needy folks

·         One pre-meeting workshop per month dedicated to filling bags with
supplies

·         Target of 150 bags filled by the Barony with supplies provided by
the church by the end of the year

·         Collect supplies (non-perishable food, hygiene supplies, school
supplies) at Cook’s Symposium and Grand Day of Tournaments

Performance friendly?  Can we paint there?  Assess the space.

Second of three meetings

*Status check on approved budget items*

*Food at the baronial champion’s tournament at Pennsic*, *Baroness Kasha,
$100.*  Receipts turned in this week, $78.59 spent.

*Lunch tavern at cook’s symposium, Baroness Hannah for Renaude de Lunay,
$425*

*Dame Ursula / Lord Eadraed, Heralds. $100 ($36 disbursed 11/21/16, $32
disbursed 2/20/17, $16 disbursed 7/10/17) $26 remains to be spent. *Lord
Eadraed reported that the registration process is continuing.

First batch of items have gone through, three order names accepted,
Elephant’s tusk is pending

*Money for fighter food at Celtic fest $100 – *Tairdelbach has a receipt,
pending ability to write checks

*Officer Reports*

*Min A&S (Aeffe)* –

Lots of people went to Pennsic!  They took classes and taught them.  Next
report schedule is mid-October, think about what you want to send up the
chain.  Anyone can report!

*Chronicler (Godhit)* –

July Citadel was published  Sept 15th is next deadline, Their Excellencies
have provided a lovely theme, Events in Cynnabar, contacting various events
in Cynnabar to get information regarding publicizing upcoming events, as
well as upcoming Spring events.  Other things will be published, like court
reports at Pennsic, St Cynnabarius spared the barony during recent
tumultuous weather, etc.

*Exchequer (Jadwiga)* –

Regarding being able to sign checks – This Friday we are meeting at the
bank with the signers, so hopefully after Friday we will able to sign
checks.  Afterward,

Turned in July financial report with set of questions.

We have as of July statement $13,024.64.  Next month’s report will be more
accurate once we have access to the account.

At Pennsic Jadwiga took the how to use paypal class.

*Herald (Eadraed)* –

With Aeffe’s invitation, pre-meeting workshop was mini herald’s night!  Due
to Pennsic, there was no herald’s night this month, and there will not be
one in September due to Labor day.  Derian and Ursula will be hosting in
October.

We are continuing to register names and badges, large influx of submissions
at Pennsic will slow down the process at kingdom and society as usual.  At
Pennsic, Ursula taught a class on African names, Eadraed took a number of
heraldry related classes.  Eadraed volunteered at a number of events,
including KW baronial champion’s tournament, and east kingdom ladies of the
rose tournament.

*Knight Marshal (Zygmunt)* –

The change to the new summer site continues to be very positive. We have
about 8-10 people in armour every Thursday.  We're still looking for a
winter practice site. Sir Hjorleif has a lead on one, and I hope to hear
soon about it.  I don't know how the Baronial Levy performed at War, as I
was busy with the royal retinue. Perhaps Sirs Gregoire or Jasen can
comment, or someone else who was there.

(HE Ermenrich) – Baronial unit was put into many “there is a problem, go
fix it!” scenarios, and fought well.  The Pentamere shade fly was well used
by both the armoured and rapier fighters.

*Fencing Marshal (William) *–

Practices have been happening, but have been fairly small since Pennsic.
Practice will be canceled for Labor Day weekend.

*Chatelaine (Edonea)* –

No report as of meeting time.

*Webminister (Aaron) *

We have a website, it has not required any maintenance recently.

*Seneschal (Derian)*

Excited about Friday, new meeting site looks like a good fit for us.
Quarterly report submitted and received with compliments.  We have a number
of events coming up that need event stewards, please consider volunteering!

*Baron and Baroness (Kasha and Ermenrich)* –

Pennsic went well!  Many events coming up soon in the barony, first cook’s
symposium, followed by GDoT, both will require event staff.  Cook’s
symposium will need volunteers during setup and teardown, also volunteers
will be needed at gate.  Keep doing what you do, send in award
recommendations, especially for GDoT, we will have royalty, so get those
awards recs IN!  We are still a barony.

*Announcements** & Group Discussion*

*Announcement/Reminder:  Wassail & 2018 events:  *It's time to start
thinking about Wassail!  We need to reserve the site at Chelsea if we want
it.  We need a date and a reservation.  Also Terpsichore and St. Cecilia
need to be placed on the calendar.  Wassail is a good event to try out
being an event steward.

Now is the time to start working on your prizes for Grand Day of
Tournaments!  If you are going to make something by hand, start now!
If you can get pictures of your donation, they can be very effective
publicity for the event.

Calontir Trim – Minimum order of 400m now available, they could do the
elephant + tower + livery easily!  Monetary details forthcoming,
official proposal will happen then.

Meeting ended:  8:18 p.m.

[Next Meeting:  Monday September 11th, 2017, at Journey of Faith
church in Ann Arbor]