[Cynnabar] St. Cecilia thank yous

Margaret Kelly via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Sun May 13 21:48:31 EDT 2018

St. Cecilia at the Tower VII was staged on May 12 and 13, and as the Event
Steward I am offering this record of the service I witnessed. This is going
to be rather long, but please read to the end.

Mistress Jadwiga: for allowing someone else (me) to co-steward your
established event, thank you.  So much of the format was already in place
that I only had to make sure the infrastructure was arranged.  You did
everything else: recruited teachers and performers, managed the website and
Facebook presences, scheduled classes, and probably a number of related
things I don't know about.  There would have been no event without you.

Nancy Kuzniar: for being the most can-do site liaison with whom we have
ever worked, thank you.  You never said "No" to any request.  You
anticipated our every need and did a mountain of work on behalf of the site
and the event.  And
did it all in garb!

Baroness Hannah: for running two brilliant taverns, serving well-researched
period food of very high quality and very low cost, recruiting and managing
your kitchen staff, while at the same time that you are enrolled in grad
school and holding a Kingdom office, a huge thank you.  I don't know if I
can express how grateful I am to you.  As for your tireless and dedicated
kitchen staff, I hesitate to steal your opportunity to thank them because I
don't want to leave any name out, but here they are as I saw them: Baron
Tairdelbach, Thomas Throckmorton, Ilse Stauss, Arnsefa, Heilve, and Mark
Sauntry.  Please forgive me if I missed anyone.

Eadraed of Alforde: for tireless energy and positivity thank you!  You
prepared and placed all those important signs, moved furniture, loaded and
unloaded instrument cases and other equipment, welcomed visitors, served
food, cleaned, emptied trash, and made the Event Steward feel cheerful and
confident. You thought of, and did, everything.

Godhit of Cynnabar: for being a jill-of-all-trades, thank you.  You
planned, prepared and served the Salon refreshments, made documents and
copies, shopped for supplies, provided transportation, arranged the local
hosting, greeted visitors, served food, cleaned, moved furniture, and
operated the concert recording equipment.  Most of all you kept the first
time Event Steward from sinking under the waves.

Mistress Claire Fitzwilliam: for taking on Gate and doing a great job,
thank you!  You did everything a gate person must to do to keep us out of
trouble with the Seneschal.  You and your gate staffers Master Midair and
Mistress Alina also opened your homes to overnight guests, greeted
visitors, helped them fill out their paperwork, and helped move in their
music making items.

Baron Ermenrich: for preparing the schedule of events for the day, helping
with set up and tear down, hosting the post party, acting as herald,
greeting guests, acting as master of ceremonies for the concert, and light
babysitting duties, a humble thank you.  Your kind reassurance kept me in
this game.

Derian le Breton: for helping with tear down, cashbox management, counting,
answering all my questions, and general moral support, thank you!

Master Aaron Drummond: for preparing the programs, setting up the audio and
video recordings, providing general knowledge and support, thank you.  Like
Monique I am sure you did many things behind the scenes that I didn't have
to think about.

Baroness Kasha: for opening your home, helping shape the event, offering
advice and momentum, providing vision for the event, and for your
brightness of spirit, thank you.

Lady Pia Maletesta d'Rimini: for the Lady who traveled from the East
Kingdom, and who uttered the words that are music to the Event Steward's
ears, "As long as I'm here, give me something to do", and who worked at
least as hard as I did, a tearful thank you.  Little did we know when we
picked you up at your hotel that you would be such a godsend.  And your
little dragon-dog too!

All the Teachers: who are the very center and great attraction of this
event, thank you!

All the performers near and far: for all the hard work of preparing music
and program notes, and sharing your abundant talent with the world, thank
you!  A special thank you to everyone who returned for more on Sunday!

The populace of Cynnabar and beyond: thank you for making this event a
success.  All day I heard no conversation that was not about music and no
complaint that was not about the weather.

Finally, the Reverend Leia Battaglia: for allowing us to take over your
very lovely church and make it our own for a day, thank you.  Your
congregation is fortunate in their leader.

If I have missed any acts of courtesy or prowess please I apologize and
would love to hear about  them.

YIS,
Aeffe Torsdottir