[Cynnabar] Updates to the Financial Policy Proposal

Monique Rio via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed Nov 7 09:54:26 EST 2018

re:  "Receipts delivered after this [30 day] deadline do not have to be
honored."

The old policy states:  "iv. Set a reasonable time frame for receipts to be
turned in. This will apply only to expenses that the group did not issue a
check for prior to the purchase"
What this has effectively meant is that receipts turned in /years/ after
expenses were approved are expected to be honored. My experience has been
if I don't receive a receipt within 30 days of purchase, then I'm not
likely to see it for a long time.

Also to be clear, the new policy is 30 days after purchase or 30 days after
the event for which the purchase was made, whichever is later. And it says
they do not **have** to be honored, which means they still **can** be
honored.

re: budgeted event money. After an event proposal has been approved, the
money budgeted for the event is treated as a pool of resources for the
event. If the event steward decides to re-allocate resources within that
pool, that is fine as long as they are reasonable and legal re-allocations.
The Ruby Jubilee example fits this. If it turns out an event needs more
funds total than was budgeted total for the event, that would need to go
through the process.

Hope that clarifies things!
-Jadzia