[Cynnabar] Tournament format for upcoming Spring Revel (April 14)

Malachy von Ulm via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Fri Apr 5 12:12:05 EDT 2019

With the assent of their Excelencies, I present to you the format for the
tournament at Spring Revel:

Renewal of Spring Tournament

This tournament celebrates the turning of the seasons and the promise of
renewal that spring gives us.  We also celebrate generosity.

This is a points tournament.
Each participant will fight three times.  Participants may choose their
opponents within reason; everyone gets to play.
The winner of a bout will receive 3 points.
The loser of a bout will receive 1 point.

Each participant is also given a token of renewal. Inside the token is a
slip of paper with a number from 1 to 5.

After their three bouts, participants may choose to use the tokens one of
two ways:
- Keep their token, and fight another time.
- Open their token, claim the number contained therein as points, and give
  another participant the right to fight again.  A win in such a bout is
  only worth two points, and a loss is worth one.

Participants must use their tokens in one of the above ways.

--
Malachy

"Ancient nightmares. Archaic legends.  Enigmatic dreams. All of it is true."
Abney Park - All the Myths are True.