[Cynnabar] A letter to the Barony

Matt Lagemann via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Sat Nov 2 06:27:11 EDT 2019

Unto the Barony of Cynnabar,

Our time as your Baron and Baroness is coming to its rightful end.

We assure you no Liege has loved their people better or received more love
then the love We have received from you.  There is no pearl in the Known
World greater than this pearl: Your love. We do hold this pearl above all
the other treasures in Our home. The support we have felt makes Us rejoice
that We have had this chance to serve the Barony as your Baron and
Baroness.  Likewise, We hope that you have felt equally supported by Us.

Yet while this shared affection has filled Us with great joy, We do not
desire to keep this Barony from future greatness that comes with new
leadership. We have worked knowing these final days would come, and We
ruled so that when We are judged before St. Cynnabarius, We hope that We
may be found worthy of the rank that was bestowed upon Us. If We have
failed, let it be said We failed out of love and ignorance, not hate and
foreknowledge.

The role of Baron and Baroness is, if We may pun slightly, excellent.
However, We have striven to keep the glory of authority from dazzling Our
eyes.  We recognize that Our rank comes from the authority of those that
rule over Us and the faith of those that we rule.  We are delighted that it
was given to Us to maintain the laws and traditions of not only the
Midrealm, but of the Barony of Cynnabar.

A Baron or Baroness will never sit in Our seat with more zeal or love in
their heart than what We have for all of you.

Sincerely,

Ermenrich and Kasha

Baron and Baroness of Cynnabar