[Cynnabar] A Grand Day of Tournaments, indeed

Malachy von Ulm via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Sun Nov 3 16:12:31 EST 2019

Unto the great people of the Barony, greetings!

The Grand Day of Tournaments is a Grand Culmination of Efforts.  Many hands
loaned their service, their time, and sacrificed their own option to have
fun so that those who attended our event would have a blast.  And have a
blast, they did.

Our thanks go to Baroness Hannah, who took up the mantle of event steward,
because she Wanted It Done Right.  And Done Right it was!  We have to echo
her thanks to each and every person who gave their time to make things
happen.  We'll be seeking you out individually to pass along Our thanks.

We must also thank their Excellencies Kasha and Ermenrich, not only for
their service to the Barony these five prior years, but also for gently
leading Us through Our new roles, particularly in how this day needed to
play out.  We wish you a quiet mini-SCA-vacation and hope to see you back
very soon.

Thank you to every single person that joined in the procession in with Us
for the investiture ceremony.  We sincerely appreciate the support and the
pomp you presented to the Kingdom for this event.  And double Our thanks go
to those who wanted to go, but gave their service to gate so that the event
could continue to smoothly get started.

We wish to congratulate all those who received awards at Royal court.  It
was  genuinely thrilling and touching to see members of Our Barony receiving
them.  (And We now completely understand the feelings Our predecessors talk
about during their time in this role.)

The day was a blur of tournaments, splendor, and fun.  In spite of Our best
efforts to try to keep track of things (including dealing with two
traitorous pens that went dry while trying to write stuff down!), We know
We'll have forgotten something.   Please forgive Us, and know as We grow
into our roles, We'll do Our best.

Barons Óláfr and Malachy.