[Cynnabar] Baronial business meeting 10 March 2022

Seneschal Cynnabar via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Sun Mar 27 16:51:23 EDT 2022

* The next business meeting is Thursday April 7 at 8pm   in person ----
can’t do April 14th as the CHURCH NOT AVAILABLE. *

*Cynnabar Baronial Meeting   10 March 2022*  - In person    7:30pm  *In
person meeting – no virtual availability.  *

Attending:  Hannah, Tairdelbach, TE Malachy & Olafr, Valka, Jorun,
Diamante, Thockmorton , Ulfrun, Jason, Beth, and Leia

*Announcements:*

·         Masks will not be required after March 7.  Contact tracing, and
proof of Covid19 vaccination and/or negative testing continue to be
required.

*New Business**: *

1.       *Saline Celtic Fest – HE Tairdelbach proposing:* July 9th for demo
with setup on July 8th evening -- *PASSED*

Is that something the group would like to participate in? There are
conflicting events on the calendar already so we need to see what sort of
support we can get for the event in the way of volunteers to demo (Tyger
Hunt). We wouldn’t really miss out on something if we schedule and decided
to cancel --- other than the $ donation and the recruitment
opportunity/exposure. This has been successful for us in the past. We have
been doing demo for as long as the festival has been around. We are paid
$200-250 to be there.

There seems was a large buy in from the group in attendance, so it was
decided to schedule it. More details to come. We will need to give some
thought to how we’d interact with the public based on COVID protocols and
our own safety concerns. For example, we would likely have a smaller A&S
display as we wouldn’t want a large crowd in the tent (TBD based on A&S
coordinator), or figure out how to control viewer numbers in the tent. We
would be doing fighting demos and possibly Thrown Weapons. Tairdelbach has
discussed with Kestral if she’d be willing to help with thrown weapons. An
A&S coordinator, Chatelaine, and Marshals (Armored and Thrown Weapons if we
decide to do that) will be needed to support the event.

2.       *Spring Revel Proposal* – *Lady Valka proposing*: Sunday, April 24
– noon to 6 (court at 4p) -- *PASSED*

Regular activities planned:  fighting, outdoor games, BBQ/potluck, baronial
photo, and Court.  Proposal included alcohol policy, rental $250 --- with
another $105 as a refundable deposit.  Budget figure shows picnic supplies
and BBQ, supplies.  Event will be held at the Island Park Pavilion, Valka
will make arrangements to reserve the site with an Ann Arbor resident.
Activity coordinators and other volunteers will be needed. Please contact
Valka (Jenny) or our Seneschal (Nezkha) to help out.

3.       *Financial Policy and Budget – Lady Diamante*
Reviewing the financial policy which needs to happen every 2 years per
Kingdom Law. Our budget also needs to be reviewed for the 2022-2023 FY,
starts 1 July 2022. Everyone is welcome to the review and discussion.

Budget and policy review meetings will be held on the Thursday 3/24 and
3/31 at 8 pm at the church for anyone interested in having input / helping.
If needed, an additional meeting will be held. The updates will be proposed
for approval starting at April business meeting. Please come help support
the Baronies finances and spending

The committee will prepare the policy update and* present it in the next
Baronial Business meeting which will be held on April 7 (the church is not
available on the 14th). Both the budget review and financial policy updates
will be discussed for approval at 3 meetings, one of which will be virtual
(date and time tbd).*

.

4.       *Grand Day of Tournaments – we need to begin discussions! (Their
Excellencies)*
Discussion around getting planning started for GDoT. Between the current
MKingdom calendar, Their Excellencies work/travel schedules, AND U-M
Football home games there aren’t many dates available!

Ø  Nov 5 is the ideal day proposed date, with Nov 19 as the 2nd choice. The
19th is home a home game but not a big one. Dec 3 is the follow up date,
but we might run into other Dec events including our own Wassail.

Ø  TEs proposed to possibly offer dance track since we didn’t have Terp TEs
felt it would be nice to combine for just this one year. There were mixed
feelings by the group. This would ultimately be decided by the event
steward’s vision….and the space selected for the site.

*Officer reports:*

*Exchequer:*   (Diamante)   Domesday issue was resolved, both Jan and Feb
reports are in. She’s all caught up with everything! We have $11,018 in the
bank. Working on financial policy update and budget for July 2022 – June
2023.

*Chatelaine:*   (Ceara)  Nothing new to report

*Armored*:   *(*Jorun)   WE’RE BACK!!!! Hooray and that’s it.

*Rapier*:  (Throckmorton)  Practice has resumed. Johannes has returned (and
others have also shown up, too!) Erin will be staying away until COVID
numbers are lower later in the Spring. Will begin outreach to other
fencers, and post our return to the Pentamere fencing community.

*Arts & Sciences*:  (Ulfrun)  Quarterly report due this past weekend.
People have been individually very busy but not much done as a whole group.
Hoping to get some more things going as things open.

*Herald:*  (Aesa) nothing new to report

*Social Media:*  (Valka) nothing new to report

*Chronicler: *   (Gabriella)   Please forward any content for next Citadel

*Webminster**: * (Aaron) no report

* Archery**: * *no officer, no report

*Their Excellences:*

Ø  M. will get with Leia to ask about Church Wifi. (Likely not until after
the start of the month to connect with each other)

Progression of their travels for the summer is coming. They are locking in
dates as the calendar is getting filled quickly! Where we travel YOU are
welcome to join us (as you are comfortable). We *hope* to see people, we
don’t *expect* to see people - Be safe/smart. Working on a calendar for the
Baronial Army and will discuss with others as we see them all. We’re happy
to see folks and see things opening up again. The SCA seems to have made it
through! Hooray! Coronation is coming.

We are still a Barony!  Wassail!