[Cynnabar] meeting minutes

Shefferly, Charles CShefferly at lear.com
Tue Nov 17 13:11:23 EST 2009

Correction: Bake Sale profit: $213

________________________________

From: barony-bounces at cynnabar.org [mailto:barony-bounces at cynnabar.org]
On Behalf Of Pat West
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 11:24 AM
To: barony at cynnabar.org
Subject: [Cynnabar] meeting minutes

Barony of Cynnabar
Weekly Meeting
Mon, Nov 16, 2009

Crystal Ball
Aaron and Jadwiga and several others from Cynnabar attended the Crystal
Ball last weekend.
they said it was fun. They also advertised Terpsichore.
*******

Grand Tourney
The Autocrat and Fight Marshal report that the event was a great
success!  The fighting was fun, the gambling was exciting. The list
field worked well and the pouches for the coins were perfect. The
Tavern, Bake Sale and Troll are worked smoothly.

Attendance- 122 paid adults, Tavern- $50 profit, Bake sale- $217 profit.

The Exchequer expects a loss of approximately $200.00
********

Sun Shade
No new info.
********

Terpsichore
The Pale ad for Terpsichore will appear in the February issue.
********

Local Dance Group
The local Morris Dance Group is interested working with the Barony in
some way.  Aaron will contact them.
********

Fight Practice
Sir Straum says there will a Spear Class at fight practice Sunday, Nov
22. He suggests that fencers who are considering crossover attend this
session.  Time to be determined.
********

Wassail
Uillec would like to use pine boughs and greenery to decorate the the
site.

***IF THERE IS ANYONE WHO WOULD BE ADVERSELY AFFECTED BY THE PINE BOUGHS
PLEASE CONTACT THE SENESCHAL.******

The Barony is asked to bring garb, fabric or monetary donation for
exchange or give-away.
********

Youth Swords
Email issues with ordering the new equipment have been resolved.  The
swords should be on the way soon.
********

Trigger
Purchasing $50 for trigger fabric was discussed.
******The vote will be taken at the next meeting.
********

Rose Tourney
No new info.
*********

Gift Exchange
Dec 14 is the date for the exchange/party.  Items will be new with a $10
limit. Snacks are encouraged.
*********

List Field
The group decided to keep the old list field until a few minor tweaks
are made to the new one.

The will be a request for the Barony to assist Vincent when he makes the
changes.

Arnold said it was great having a list field for rapier for the first
time at Grand Tourney.
*********

Thrones
The proposal to budget up to $2000.00 for new thrones is still being
discussed.  This was the second meeting.
*****The vote will be taken at the next meeting.
********

Sound System

Aaron proposed that the Barony purchase a sound system with microphones.
The singers and dancers find they are often needed at performances.
Aaron will research this issue make suggestions.
********

Rooms
Room reservations are complete to 2011.

********

Officer Reports

Webminister
Aaron has fixed the email to the list problem.

In the future when the new website is complete we will be able to have a
separate webpage for events- ex. Terpsichore, Grand Tourney.

******

Exchequer
The Barony is in the black.

*******

Chatelaine
After I sent in my Domesday recently, the the new Kingdom Chatelaine
contacted me.  She is happy with what we are doing, especially the Mass
Meeting. She also asked for a copy of our flyer.

Grand Tourney went great.

Thank you to Their Excellencies bringing the banners to Grand Tourney.
It was an example  one of the things I want to do better this year-
Dress the Set. Wherever we have a table or any kind of presence, I want
to have banners, signs, video, flyers available.  I will be calling on
the creative people of the Barony for their ideas and  expertise.

Galen and I will be working on preparing information about charity
events the Barony may be interested in participating in.

Crazy Wisdom
The free ad continues.  The word "Medieval" was added to the martial
arts portion for more clarification.  The Chatelaine is checking to see
if there is an opportunity for a small performance in the Tea Room.
More info to come.

12th Night
I will continue to research sites for this event. I am open to ideas.

Nicola's Demo
I wil check the event schedule for possible dates for the demo.

CTN
To be scheduled.

*******

Fight Marshal
Uillec is requesting that all current fighters send your info to him.
He is updating records. Uillec also plans to discuss a proposal to
purchase new helms.
********

Fencing Marshal
One local person authorized in rapier at Grand Tourney.
Arnold said there were more fencers at Grand Tourney this year than
last.
Galen reauthorized.
There was a small fencing practice on Sunday outside the Michigan Union
at the cube.
*******

MOAS
There is opportunity for five classes to be taught at one time at
Wassail.  If anyone is interested in teaching, please contact Jadwiga.
******

Chronicler
The Citadel will publish the first week in December. Deadline is Nov.
27. She needs more recipes.

The Citadel publishes once a quarter.  There was a suggestion that each
group in Cynnabar take one issue and write a story about the continuing
adventures of St. Cynnabarius.  The fencers will take the March issue.
******

Heralds
One of the newcomers has sent in their information for their SCA name.
The Herald continues to work with others.

******

Their Excellencies
We are still a Barony.  Grand Tourney was great.

The date for the Baronial Transition is still being decided.

******

I apologize for any mistakes in the minutes, they are unintentional.

Meeting Adjourned

Amyon

________________________________

<http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141665/direct/01/>

**********************
** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **
**********************

This E-mail message and any attachments may contain
legally privileged, confidential or proprietary
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of
this message to the intended recipient(s), you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this E-mail message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender and
delete this E-mail message from your computer.