[Cynnabar] Fwd: Re: resending minutes from 4/12

Siubhan inghean Fhearghuis siubhan at betahelix.net
Sun Apr 18 15:35:03 EDT 2010

My apologies for speaking as an intruder (who will soon be a member of
the great Barony of Cynnabar again...if we're allowed back).

I don't remember the last event that I went to, apart from the larger
camping events, where lunch was not part of the site fee along with
traveller's fare on Friday night and breakfast on Saturday and Sunday.
They have all been just help yourselves to the spread which was usually
prepared ahead and often not much fancy, but then we didn't go to the
events for the lunch food. I have not been on the back end of any of
these lunches, so I am not aware of costs or waste. Often the lunches
were bread, cheese, a bit of meat to put on the bread with cheese,
perhaps soup and fruit or hard boiled eggs. We used our own feast gear
for this, so there was no purchase of paper goods.

That being said, the game here in Drachenwald is quite different than
that in the Midrealm. Our large, kingdom level events like Crown have
about 120 people at them. Site fees are expensive here, but that is much
more to do with the costs of sites rather than the addition of food.  I
can understand that scaling this up to Midrealm sized events may not be
trivial, but it seems like a bit of basic fare should not up the site
fee by that much. I could be wrong. I do understand that saving as much
money as we can in the current economy is important to.

I don't really have an argument either way for this. For some reason I
felt I needed to insert my two pence. What works here may not work
elsewhere. I will have to remember to bring food for lunch for events so
I'm glad this subject came up as I hadn't thought about it :) I would be
interested in seeing lunch offered as part of the site fee, but do
understand that it may not be possible.

YIS
al-Sheika Sahla bint Mikha'il al-Khalil

(but you may know me as Siubhan inghean Fhearghuis)