[Cynnabar] OT: Gilbert and Sullivan's "The Gondoliers" This Weekend

Richard Harper rharperny at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 11:01:32 EDT 2010

My apologies for the off-topic post; I was asked by enough people in the
Barony for a heads up so if you were wondering where I've been lately,
here's the scoop:

I will be appearing in the role of The Duke of Plaza-Toro in the University
of Michigan Gilbert and Sullivan Society's production of "The Gondoliers"
this weekend. This is an amusing comic opera which has lovely music, dancing
and basic Victorian plot devices such as an arranged marriage to a royal
infant (now all grown up) that no one can seem to find to ascend the
throne...

The performances will be at the Lydia Mendelssohn Theatre (in the Michigan
League) with the following schedule:

April 01 - 03, 8.00 pm

April 03, 2.00 pm

April 04, 3.00 pm

Adult tickets are $20.00, Seniors $18.00, Students $10.00 ($5.00 rush). It
seems that the house is undersold on Thursday, so that would be a great time
to attend.

The performances are fully staged and costumed with orchestra. The matinee
on Sunday is one hour later to allow for family Easter plans; come on out
this weekend for a little Victorian culture!

Master Henry Kersey of Devon