[Cynnabar] meeting minutes 5/17/10

Randy Asplund randyasplund at comcast.net
Tue May 18 23:22:33 EDT 2010

Re; Ypsi Heritage Festival, Arin and I would be willing to camp
overnight and make sure things are safe, but it would be nice to see
a couple more to help out.

Re: the thrones, $275 each sounds like a very good deal for well made
furniture of solid hardwood.

RanthulfR

On May 18, 2010, at 11:00 PM, Pat West wrote:

> Barony of Cynnabar
> Weekly Meeting
> Mon, May 17, 2010
>

> Announcements
>
> Melee Practice
> Regional Melee practice is at Ella Sharp Park Rotunda in Jackson,
> Michigan, Thursday, May 20 starting at 6:30p. This is the
> same place Talonval holds its regular Tuesday practice.
>
> For more info see Baron Tairdelbach's email from May 17.
>
> Pennsic
> The deadline to pre-register to camp with the Barony of Cynnabar is
> June 1. Our land allotment is determined at this time.  Contact Sir
> Straum for details.
>
> Archery Practice
> Practice is every Wednesday at Dillon's house from 5:30p until
> dark. The address is 330 West Clark road, Ypsilanti, MI 48198.
>
> Baronial Website
> The new website is up.
>

> Events
> Nothing to report
>

> New Business
>

> Newcomers
> William, a newcomer attended Sunday fight practice and a Monday
> meeting for the first time.  Welcome, William.
>

> Grand Tourney
> Sir Straum proposes that we spend $150.00 for more tokens to be
> used for wagering at Grand Tourney.
>

> Campaign to End Name Uniqueness
> Our Herald says that SCA-wide, members are being asked to allow
> other people with similar persona names to register that similar
> name.  More discussion to follow.
>

> Old Business
>

> Loaner Fencing Swords
> Lord Arnold proposed that the group purchase at least one,
> preferably two new loaner swords. One rapier is 43" long for melee,
> the other is 37" long for standard fencing .  Both are $95.00 each-
> on sale.  With shipping it would cost about approximately $115 each.
>
> The Barony owns one adult sword.  The rest are the personal
> property of Lord Arnold. Since we have a growing community of
> fencers he feels that this new equipment would be helpful.
>
> Lord Arnold brought one of the proposed swords to fencing practice
> on Sunday.  All who used it were pleased.
>
> A decision will be made on Mon, May 24, 2010
>

> Armored Helms
> The armored fighters proposed $200.00 (total includes shipping) for
> two new helms.
>
> A decision will be made on Mon, May 24, 2010
>

> Demo Table Banner
> The Chatelaine would like to have a display banner that would
> stretch across the front or back of the table at recruiting events.
> This will help us be identified easier. More discussion and
> research to follow.
>

> Slide Show
> The Chatelaine would like to create a slide show (running on a
> computer) to be used at recruiting events. I would appreciate
> photographs from events past and present that would be helpful to
> newcomers.  Please send them to- chatelaine at cynnabar.org.  Also, lf
> [...]

Randy Asplund
www.RandyAsplund.com
Maker of Medieval books and
Illustrator of Science Fiction & Fantasy
(734) 663-0954
2101 S. Circle Dr. Ann Arbor, MI 48103