[Cynnabar] Weekly meeting minutes for August 23, 2011

Anne Stevenson elaine242 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 16:12:26 UTC 2011

Weekly meeting minutes for August 23, 2011

Announcements:
- There will be a Kill and Grill this Sunday!  Please come and bring a dish
to pass or something to grill!

Old Business:

Baronial Seneschal Position -
The group has approved the appointment of Finn as the new Seneschal.
Mistress Claire will be serving as his deputy.
The keys and medallions have been turned over.
Thank you to Bjarki for his many years of service as well as Irenfist for
serving as his deputy!!

Manchester Demo (This Saturday!!!) -
Thank you to so many who have offered to assist with this demo.
Set-up begins around 10am, and don't forget to bring sunscreen and bugspray!
If you are able to bring your period pavilion, that would also be fantastic!
See you Saturday!!!

St. Cecila at the Tower -
Jadwiga is looking into other possible venues and dates,
but would still like approval of the event by next week.

Cynnabar Fiber Faire -
More to come!

Grand Tournament -
Mistress Claire is willing to teach a class on how to run a list.
If we do not have space/time at a Monday meeting - I can hold this at my
house.

Novice A&S Faire:
More to come, including an updated proposal.

Recruitment Events:
We have several upcoming UofM recruitment events coming up in September.
An additional email just went out regarding these.
If you are interested in participating, please let me know.
More about Mass Meeting to come!

Renewal of UofM student group:
So far we have had about 5-6 people respond to our inquiry regarding
UofM student who are participating with Cynnabar.
We need 10 to be able to renew our status with the University.
If you are a UofM student, please contact Aaron with your information.

Banner:
A proposed banner image was brought to tonight's meeting.
The Seneschal has expedited this approval of the cost of this banner (under
$140)
so that we will be able to have it for the Manchester Demo, as
well as upcoming UofM recruitment events.

Phonebook:
Ermenrich is hoping to have the phonebook out by September 1st (for
corrections).
If you would like to be included, please get him your information.

Populace Badge:
Their Excellencies would like to continue the discussion regarding
having a Cafe Press store and selling items with the populace badge
on them.  They would need someone to spearhead this venture.

New Meeting Site:
We are still looking for a potential long-term site location for
Monday night meetings.  If you have ideas, please let Finn know.

Bank Change:
Our Credit Union account has been closed out and
we will be opening our 5th 3rd account on Saturday.

New Business:

Wassail -
Ilse and Uillec have offered to event steward this event.
They are suggesting Saturday, December 17th.
A possible site location is the Ladies Literary Club.
Concerns are that this location may be too small for
a potential of 100+ people.

Officer Reports:

Exchequer - We have money!

Webminister - n/a

Fencing Marshal - n/a

Knight Marshal - n/a

Chatelaine - We have newcomers!  Upcoming UofM recruitment is right around
the corner and the Manchester Demo is this Saturday. Make sure to introduce
yourself to anyone that you don't know - and, as always, see about bringing
new friends to events/practice and activities!

MoAS - Next report is due on Oct. 15th - please let her know what sort of
projects you are working on!  Craft nights are at Arin's house on Wednesday
nights from 6pm until people drop over!

Herald - n/a

Seneschal - Transition is underway!

Baron/Baroness - We are still a Barony!  Pennsic was great and they are
looking forward to Recruitment season!

My apologies for any mistakes or needed corrections.

Yours,
Giovanna