[Cynnabar] New Sign for the Barony

Greg Less greg.less at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 16:53:43 UTC 2011

Hi All -

   [rabble rousing]

   If I am reading the minutes properly we spent $150 to buy an 8' vinyl
sign.  This purchase was expedited under bullet 2.ii.2 of the "Financial
Policy for the Barony of Cynnabar" (attached). I'm not sure how a sign falls
into the category of warranted when we have a number of banners and signs
already in the group inventory, including a brand new, never been used
sandwich board. Furthermore, I believe that 2.ii.2 is tempered by 3 of the
financial policy which limits the discretionary spending of the Seneschal to
$50.

   Perhaps it is redundant to say so, but I object. While I don't mind the
purchase of the sign, I think that rushing it through without discussion was
unnecessary and could potentially lead to abuse by the group of the ability
circumvent the discussion process which has been in place in our group for a
very long time. Furthermore, while I am sure that the vinyl sign will be
quite striking, given both the artistic talents of His Grace Dag, and the
capabilities of the medium, I find it ironic that we are using plastic as
our material of choice at a recruitment opportunity.

[/rabble rousing]

Regards,
-Gregoire.