[Cynnabar] Gambeson sale

Robert Esteves robertesteves at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 15:16:20 UTC 2011

Howdy folks,

First, it was fun fighting with Cynnabar at NOWM; and I known I was going, I
would have brought my surcoat. (And war sheild)

Second, I wanted to let folks know about a gambeson sale.  Make no mistake,
my reason for posting this is for my own benefit. I have ordered one, but
production won't start until he gets another 10 orders. So if some of you
order one, then I can get mine.

Icefalcon Armoury (full disclosure: I am squired to Ice) sells various
gambesons, I have one of these:
http://store.fastcommerce.com/icefalcon/arming-cote-in-solid-color-and-party-color-cotton-w-poly-cotton-fill-ff8081812c2a2995012c30fd02b204bd-p.html

I really like it (I was wearing it at NOWM), but like most gambesons, it can
be a bit hot during the summer. (fill is 80-90 cotton, rest poly)

So he is going to start carrying these:
http://store.fastcommerce.com/icefalcon/lightweight-thin-arming-cote-100-cotton-m-xxxl-various-colors-ff8081812f43597c012fe0310ebf7607-p.html
Which will have very little padding, and be 100% cotton.  I ordered one and
would love to get it in before/at Pennsic. but as detailed in this Armour
Archive thread:

http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=133866

He needs to get 20 pre-orders for these before he starts the first
production run. (That link says he is at 10... I have no further info)

So.... if some of you decide you want a new gambeson, then maybe I can get
mine too. :-)

I will gladly recommend the one I have now, I really like the fit, and it
moves very will with my body.  I can only assume it will be at least that
good with the padding removed.   Plus, since it is a pre-order, you can get
any size and any color choice, including party colored; all for the same
price. Just imagine how spiffy a red/white one would look under your
Cynnabar surcoat.....  ;-)

I have used my padded one for rapier also, I think the unpadded would work
also, but I am not sure...

Well, there ya go....  If you have any questions, I can try and answer them,
or you can post them in the AA thread. (like combined shipping, etc.)

See you folks at Pennsic,
Oscad