[Cynnabar] Mass Meeting - Monday, September 19th

Anne Stevenson elaine242 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 13:22:14 UTC 2011

Good morning, yet again!!

I wanted to contact you this morning to talk more about our upcoming Mass
Meeting, which is in just under two weeks on September 19th from 6:30 - 9.
Mass Meeting will take place in the Anderson Room (A-D).  We can start
setting up at 6:30, and I will advertise the meeting to "officially" start
at 7.

I would like to have a variety of stations spread out throughout the room,
which will allow visitors to explore at their own pace all of the things
that we do/create.  Some possible stations could include (although are not
limited too!!!) - SCA history/membership/general information, Costuming and
garb in the SCA, Heraldry, Music, Calligraphy and Illumination, Middle
Eastern drumming (dance?)Felting, Weaving....and so forth!  I would also
like to see about setting up part of the list field to one end of the room,
so that visitors can watch some armored and rapier combat.  If you are
willing to help with any of these stations, or head-up one of them, please
let me know asap!

Additionally, if I can a few volunteers to meet people at the door, welcome
them, get contact information, and pass out flyers - that would be great.
This will be something I will be doing - but certainly would love some help!

It is my understanding that we can probably bring in some cookies and pop.
If you have something you can bring to share, please do.  Everyone loves
free food!

In terms of being in garb/out of garb, I would suggest that most of us come
dressed in a modern fashion.  We are then more approachable to newcomers who
are just getting to know us.  Obviously a few people in garb would be fine,
but not the majority.

Again, please let me know if you have questions, thoughts, concerns - and
definitely if you are willing to help out!

I look forward to it.

Yours,
Giovanna