[Cynnabar] Weekly meeting minutes for 08/20/12 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal boc.seneschal at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 16:37:49 UTC 2012

Here are the meeting minutes from the 8/20/12 meeting.  22 revelry seeking
people were in attendance.

-Finn

Event and Demo Reports

Pennsic - Lots of info and in no particular order: QE2 sold and the buyers
took it down. Hjorleif was made a member of the Red Company. Alexander Drake
was made a Warder. Azriel won the Known World Cadet Tournament (not sure on
exact tourney name). Drunken court was had and fun, awards were given. His
Excellency Tairdelbach was given some moonshine. The singers won Cynnabar's
got Talent. Gregor and Genoveva thanks folks for help with their camp/shade
during the storms. We were well represented at both the A&S displays as well
as teaching classes. Camp ran very smoothly with lots of people there for
the setup. There was also lots of good service done at Pennsic by the folks
of Cynnabar and it is very much appreciated. Cynnabar also won the award for
Best Heraldic Camp by the Atlantian Heraldic Walkabout group (second year
running!).

Things to consider for Pennsics to come. The Baronial shade fly is ripped
and also now does not setup properly (the term "wonky" was used). So the
things to start thinking about is does the Barony go with no shade fly or
get a new one? Funding of course would be part of this discussion. Also, the
storage trailer  at Pennsic is on its last legs as well as the camp gate
needs love. Both these items are kept under a separate "camp budget".
Replacing the trailer and what to do about the gate should also be started
on thinking about.

And a note from a Pennsic first-timer: "WOW!"

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Ale to the Victors (Sept 22nd)  - Northwoods will be hosting this event.
They would like help with heraldry and judging. Please contact the autocrat
(Lady Alianor (Aliyah) bat Asriel  <mailto:aliyahbatasreil at yahoo.com>
aliyahbatasriel at yahoo.com) if you can assist. Please come out and support
the event and Cynnabar's team at request of their Excellencies!

Coronation of Dag and AnneMarie (Sept. 29th)  -  We are in pretty good
shape. We still need a volunteer to run lunch tavern. Also, we have Friday
night (free of charge) between 6:PM to 8:PM for setup. Please come out an
help if possible. The more that can be done Friday night the better things
will go on Saturday. There are LOTS of activities planned with the full list
being up on the web site before Labor Day weekend. Morning court is planned
for 10:30 AM. Please also stay for evening court as well!

A new budget line item of $400 for supporting the lunch tavern was brought
forth for approval. While there is some slush funds built into the current
event budget, the lunch tavern was not. While we do not have a person to run
lunch tavern, discussion was held at the meeting and everyone agreed that
budgeting $400  should be sufficient with the recognition that the entire
amount does not need to be used. So in order to get this budget item
approved, this was the first discussion (of our normal 3 meeting/approval
process).

Fiber Faire (Oct 13th)  -  Should be really easy event. We have the church
and we are getting teachers. The add looks great! There was also discussion
to promote the event at the Spinners Flock meeting that is held in Chelsea
as well.

Grand Tourney (Nov 3rd)  - Nothing yet and just starting to ramp up after
Pennsic. Still need any prize donations.

Old Business

Fixing loaner leg armor (placeholder only, not under active discussion) -

New Business

Wassail - There is no current autocrat selected. Ilsa has expressed interest
but if anyone else is interested, please let Finn or Their Excellencies
know. We are also probably looking at Dec. 8th as the date as the 15th is
Christmas Tourney.

Nicola's Books holiday gift wrapping - Amyon brought up that Nicola's is
doing their holiday gift wrapping again this year. This is both an good
exposure as well as a fund raising opportunity for the Barony. From the
first week in November thru Christmas, Nicola's Books has a gift wrapping
table that volunteers can sit and wrap books for patrons. The patrons can
leave tips for the volunteer wrappers which they get to keep as donations.
This was done last year and was very fun. The Barony made almost $300 last
year. This year, Amyon has graciously offered Cynnabar first choice if there
are any specific dates we want to have for this. After a good discussion at
the meeting, it was decided that Cynnabar would like to man the wrapping
table on Nov. 17th and Nov. 24th. Both very good days for sales (and fund
raising opportunities!). We will get times for those that can volunteer
scheduled later. We just need 2 people at a time at the table in 2 hour
shifts, in garb of course. So it's not a big burden to commit to. If there
are those that want to consider doing this at other times during the holiday
season, that can be done as well and would just need to be coordinated thru
Amyon. Look for e-mails from Amyon with further information soon.

New Group Rapier Marshal - Galen has thrown his hat in the ring to become
Cynnabar's next Group Rapier Marshal. Everyone seemed fine with that idea.
He was not able to make this meeting but should be at the next two. One
question was brought up is will the new officer show up at business meetings
more frequently? This was the first discussion of our 3-meeting
discussion/approval process.

New Group Minister of Youth - Lady Ceara has thrown her hat in the ring to
become Cynnabar's Minister of Youth. Everyone seemed very happy at this
idea. Word has it that the regional MoY (Lady Saedhli) was very excited to
have Ceara's help.  This was the first discussion of our 3-meeting
discussion/approval process.

Announcements

This weekend is a Kill & Grill with the Monthly Tourney as well.

Bjarki has cake!

There will be an arrow making workshop at this week's craft night. They will
be making loaner arrows so you just need to bring your hands!

Not really an announcement, but discussion was also held about having our
Cynnabar Baronial Officers meeting attendance increase. So if you are
Baronial officer, look forward to more prompting to make meetings. Everyone
acknowledges that there are times where things do conflict (like
school/work) but even then at least sending notes to the Seneschal on status
of the office would be appreciated by all.

We would also like to welcome Forrester Padraig McCraigne to Cynnabar. He
has moved from Northwoods to our group and we look forward to seeing more of
him in the future!