[Cynnabar] Settlement

andrew at prometheusmotionpictures.com andrew at prometheusmotionpictures.com
Wed Feb 8 13:50:37 UTC 2012

I thought folks might want to see how things are being handled by the
Viking Kingdom:

From: Gretchen Burnham <marwen42 at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Subject: [NS-Seneschal] Settlement - Follow up
To: Northshield's College of Seneschals <
ns-seneschal at mailman.northshield.org>

My dear Seneschals –

I’d like to follow up on the message sent earlier today by Their Majesties.
We are gathering the funds in 3 ways: Kingdom, Branch, and Individual
Contributions.

As their email states, we are asking all branches to contribute 18% of
their 2010 Cash/Cashable Assets.  Several of you have indicated that your
group is ready to send a check - THANK YOU!!  Baron Rodrigo will have the
specific numbers out tomorrow morning.

I know that some of you are convening emergency business meetings to meet
this need, and I very much appreciate it!   Among other things, your quick
action on this matter may help avoid some significant penalties for the
kingdom in cashing out CDs. We do understand that you might not all be able
to convene business meetings in the short term - just please keep Rodrigo
informed as to your group's status.

We ask for this branch contribution with a big caveat – if this
contribution is going to seriously impair your group’s ability to function,
please let us know.  We know that not every group has a “cash cushion” to
draw on.  If that’s the case, please consider what level of contribution
your group can afford.  If your group is so moved to contribute more than
18%, that would be very appreciated.

Their Majesties mentioned another number - $45 per paid member in
Northshield.  Please understand that this is a *suggestion* for individual
contributions, as we have had people ask how they can help.  The request
for your group’s contribution is not based in any way on the number of paid
members in your group, but rather on your financial accounts at the end of
2010.

If you have any questions, please direct them to Baron Rodrigo de Montoya (
chris.lords at usfamily.net), who has graciously agreed to coordinate the
kingdom response to this situation.

This situation is a hard one, but if we all act quickly and together, I’m
confident that we can rise to meet the challenge while still protecting our
ability to have wonderful events and be a great community.

Thank you for your support and aid!  You are all AMAZING!

Marwen
Kingdom Seneschal

Just some food for thought.

-Hjorleif