[Cynnabar] A rational approach

dirk dirkmayhew at comcast.net
Wed Feb 8 14:31:44 UTC 2012

The numbers and dates are available for anybody who wants to see them.
The plan calls for a 10 day turn around time from receipt of invoice.
Some details can be found here:
www.sca.org/BOD/announcements/settlementFAQ.doc

I counsel that all groups - not just Cynnabar - do what is required to
meet the timing.  If that forces a group to bypass their normal
processes, so be it.

The cash raised will either be:
a) not enough: I'd expect corporate to ask for more... sounds
probable... cut a second check if so.
b) just right.  Unlikely but possible.
c) too much: I'd expect corporate to bank the excess, because it sounds
like they're broke.

I prefer to target b):  send the requested amount, rounded up if you
want, but not a lot of extra.  It is blood money.  All opportunities to
"do the right thing" - to emulate the ideals of this hobby - expired
well over a decade ago.

- dirk