[Cynnabar] This whole settlement discussion

Randy Weiser randy_weiser at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 8 17:04:47 UTC 2012

Well met, all!
As someone who's been unable to make it to meetings or events, (well, aside from Pennsic!), I've been

reluctant to offer an opinion, but thought I'd share my thoughts anyway.  Take them for what it's worth...

As I see it, EVERY group in the SCA is being asked to contribute SOMETHING, correct?
Have we heard back OFFICIALLY from the Royalty just how much we need and when we need to do it?
If we have, GREAT - send it on!
If we haven't, my opinion is to wait until the official word is given and THEN give generously.
If we have it to give above and beyond what we're asked to give, it helps everyone, right?  (It also doesn't hurt OUR reputation as the wonderful Barony we are!).
I say, "Give what we can and let's get back to having FUN!"

YMMV...and probably does!

Lord Andrew

"A budget tells us what we can't afford, but it doesn't keep us from buying it."

         - William Feather