[Cynnabar] Lawsuit Donations

Charles J. Cohen charles at eecs.umich.edu
Thu Feb 9 21:46:18 UTC 2012

A message from the SCA BoD - Midair

The Board of Directors would like to express its gratitude for the
generosity of the good people of the SCA.  We know many of you are
holding fund-raisers and seeking ways to donate to the Society, thank
you. We deeply appreciate all your efforts. We have had many e-mails,
telephone calls and messages asking about donations.  Here are some
guidelines for donating or sending money to SCA Inc.

You are free to hold fundraisers or make personal donations, and the SCA
deeply appreciates your efforts and your support of our shared
organization. We would suggest that you make any such donations directly
to your Kingdom to help it pay the amount it will be required to
contribute as its part of the SCA.s obligations in the settlement. Some
Kingdoms have organized ACCEPS .event. to accept donations, so if it is
more convenient for you to donate online, check the ACCEPS site to see
if your Kingdom has created a donation .event..  Any donations made
through ACCEPS will go to the Kingdom.

If you choose, you may also send a donation directly to the corporation,
and it will be gratefully accepted as a general donation toward the
SCA.s operating expenses. The corporate office is working on a Paypal
account and will add a button to the SCA.s website once the account is
established. Any donations sent directly to the corporate office or
through the corporate Paypal account will not be counted toward your
Kingdom.s obligation.

We also encourage the membership to opt out of paper newsletters as soon
as possible because it reduces the amount of operating expenses the SCA
must pay. See your Kingdom newsletter or www.sca.org for more
information on how to opt out of paper newsletters. You will soon have
access to the electronic version of all the Kingdom.s newsletters!

We encourage our members to use one of these methods or to send a check
directly to your Kingdom Exchequer or the SCA's corporate office in
Milpitas to ensure your donation is received and put to its intended
use.  Thank you all again for your support of our wonderful Society!