[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes for 11/19/12 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal boc.seneschal at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 04:06:06 UTC 2012

The turkey next to me is telling me that it's time for the weekly meeting
minutes for last week's meeting to be sent out (just in time for tomorrow's
meeting).

25 thankful people were in attendance. (Yea it's a cheesy/cop-out seasonal
line.)

On to the report.

-Finn

Seneschal

Event and Demo Reports

Archery End of the Season (Nov. 18th)  - Weather was fabulous. 20-25 people
participating in archery and thrown weapons. Small court with Forrest Dillon
receiving the award of the Tower's Foundation. Everyone had a fun time!

Crystal ball - Mediocre event but fun

Nicola's books holiday gift wrapping (Nov. 17th) - Made $23.50 in donations.
Was fun and mellow. Nicola's really appreciated us being there.

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Nicola's books holiday gift wrapping (Nov. 24th) -  Choir will be there and
should be a better turn-out as it's the busy shopping weekend. There also
may be more opportunities for other gift-wrapping times we can help/donate
with after Dec. 1st. Look for future posts on those opportunity later.

Ann Arbor Christian School Demo (Dec 6th) - Arrival time is at 6:30 with
demo to start at 7:PM. Looking for at least one more armored fighter an any
fencers than can help.

Wassail (Dec. 8th)  - Web page is up to date. Please bring/send donations
for the garage sale. This is a great first event for people, please
encourage/help some to come! Also send in any award recommendations you may
have for Baronial court. Their Excellencies will also be choosing their A&S
champion as well.

Cynnabar Holiday Gift Exchange (Dec. 17th)  -. To take place Dec. 17th in
place of the regular business meeting. Full rules to be posted in separate
e-mail and is also on the Baronial web page under the seneschal section.

Terpsichore (April. 6th, 2013)  - Contract for site going in next week.
Everything else is fine.

St. Cecilia at the Tower Event proposal (May 18th, 2013) - Going well.
Facebook and web pages are up with many people (from at least 3 Kingdoms)
already responding. People are very excited for this event.

Old Business

Populace Banner Proposal - (For making 40 wood shields for displaying
approved heraldic devices). The proposal has been withdrawn after feedback
to reconsider/revamp the proposal.

Fixing loaner leg armor (placeholder only, not under active discussion) -

New Business

Sir Gregoire brought up to discuss - Based on the Pentamere Facebook group
discussion on recruiting and retaining new members, some research was done
and we CAN advertise on "push-pin" bulletin boards at EMU. Another idea to
help draw in new folks is to possibly do a small "movie demo" where we show
an movie for free and talk/show some of the SCA as well. Both ideas are
meant to start discussions in our group. Please talk among everyone to see
how we can better help with things. Bring any and all ideas to the business
meetings or see your Chatelaine and/or seneschal with thoughts.

Muslin for costume shop budget proposal - Mistress Millisant's costume shop
graciously lets us use their space for our garb workshops. In the past, we
have donated muslin (for making costume patterns) and it has been suggested
we should do another donation. This is therefore an official budget item
proposal for spending up to $150 on 44"-45" wide, 50 yard bolt of muslin.
Finn has found an online resource for a full 50yd. bolt for around $100
(+shipping). So the budget of up to $150 was suggested to make sure shipping
cost were covered. Everyone at the meeting agreed that this is a good idea.
This would be considered the first of our 3 meeting discussion/approval
process.

Announcements

-          We have more supplies of SCA business cards and brochures

-          Please send in award recommendations for Kingdom 12th night.

-          Workshop this week is on arrow repairs.

-          Please remember, the next A&S report is on January 15th, so
please remember what you have done over the holidays and let Arin your
friendly neighborhood A&S minister know!

-          The choir is very active lately.

Holiday's and Baronial meetings

11/26 (meeting 4th Monday & officer night)

12/3 (no meeting

12/10 (meeting - last reg full mtg of year)

12/17 (gift x-change)

12/24 (no meeting)

12/31 (no meeting - 5th Monday)

1/7 (no meeting)