[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes for 10/22/12 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal boc.seneschal at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 03:30:35 UTC 2012

What's this? Meeting minutes that are not done at the last minute? Hey! I'm
out of the rut!

24 people were in attendance. What kind of people? Well, if you were not
there you'll have to come next time to find out for yourself.

I would also like to point out that we had 9 out of our 11 officers AT THE
MEETING to give their monthly officer reports. I did get one via e-mail and
only was not at the meeting due to a scheduling error. So nearly a perfect
officer report month! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH TO EVERYONE FOR MAKING THE
EFFORT FOR THE REST OF THE PEOPLE OF THE BARONY! (Yes I'm "yelling" that,
I'm very happy with this! J )

-Finn

Seneschal

Event and Demo Reports

Crown Tournament (Oct. 20th)  - New Prince and Princes: Sir Lucien and
Catarina. Tourney was good with some epic fights. There were only 17 people
fighting. Cynnabar's own Jason made the final 8 and Sir Straum made the
final 4!

Monthly Tourneys (Oct. 21st)  - Captain Ian won the armored and Andrew won
the fencing.

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Grand Tourney (Nov 3rd)  - Still looking for volunteers to help out with
gate and other things. Please look for e-mails shortly. As always, we need
prize donations, please contact their Excellencies if you have something you
are willing to donate. Sir Straum is also looking for someone to help run
the gambling pit during the day, please contact him if you are interested.
Setup will be Friday night, the more hands we have the quicker/better it
will be.  The rest is set to go.

Archery Season Wrap up (Nov 18th) - 2nd discussion to approve spending $135
for rental of a portajohn. A question was asked if bad weather cancels or
postpones the event, when would it be too late to cancel the rental? Godaeth
will be looking into this and get back with us. There will be a donation jar
put out whose funds will go directly to the Baronial general accounts (and
to help offset the portajohn rental) Other than that, should be a good time
with a roving range being setup.

Nicola's books holiday gift wrapping (Nov. 17th and Nov. 24th) - Sign up
list was going around and it will be at Grand Tourney as well to help fill
in the gaps. The singers will be at the store singing on the 24th to add
some more ambiance and fun. Note: The gift wrapping is IN GARB as we can use
this as a recruiting opportunity at the same time. Please keep in mind the
garb you are wearing for wrapping gifts.

Wassail (Dec. 8th)  - Everything is going well. The silent auction and
garage sale are planned. There Excellencies will be having court and will
also be choosing their A&S champion at the event. So please get your A&S set
if you want to try to be A&S Champion! Also there will be the return of the
Cynna-Bar cookie competition!

St. Cecilia at the Tower Event proposal (May 18th, 2013) - This was the 3rd
meeting/discussion for approving the support of the event and the $220
budget (lunch and/or dinner taverns to be done as a separate budget
request). Everyone at the meeting was in agreement in support of this event.
Event and budget approved!

Old Business

Fixing loaner leg armor (placeholder only, not under active discussion) -

New Business

Her Excellency brought up that we should think about/schedule the Cynnabar
holiday gift exchange. She had some awesome suggestions: Have the gift
exchange at the normally scheduled Dec 17th meeting. And suggest that we can
encourage people to come in garb for this as well (though not required).

Everyone agreed that both of these were excellent suggestions. Therefore:

NEW EVENT: Cynnabar Holiday Gift Exchange (Dec 17th) - Garb is encouraged
but not required. We would forgo any normal business meeting (unless there
is an item that cannot wait) and get straight to the party. Gifts should be
around the $10 mark and the exchange will be done in a "Pollyanna / Chinese
gift exchange" format.  You must bring a gift to participate in the
exchange.

Announcements

-          From HRM Dag: TRMs will be attending RUM, which is unfortunately
opposite of Grand Tourney, in order to invest their new A&S Champion.

Officer Repots (normally done on 4th Tuesday of each month)

Exchequer (Vincent) - We have about $2900. Lots of activities on the books
with all the recent and upcoming events.

Webminister (Aaron) - Website is up. Aaron is investigating a new hosting
server (same cost structure as current) that will be more stable than our
current one.

Fencing Marshal (Galen) - Sunday practices are going great. Thursday
practices are going really well. Galen will also be a youth approved marshal
shortly!

MoAS (Arin) - Quarterly report is done. Bake cookies for Grand Tournament

Mo Youth (Ceara) - Not much new. Still working on paperwork. There will be
youth activities at Grand Tourney.

Chatelaine (Genoveva) - Is keeping in touch with the new people. Also has a
(personal) portable clothes rack that she will bring to events to hang up
gold-key for easier use.

Chronicler (Ermenrich) - L

Herald (Simcha) - (via e-mail) Things are stable. Last month's Herald Nite
was exceptional. We had at least seven people attend. Many talked about the
vocal heralding for Grand Tourney in a few weeks and some were there to
register personal armory.  I have received one candidate for my
deputy/replacement and am still accepting others. Sometimes the Herald
office is very functional with a number of people with different skill sets.
Since there is no meeting next week (fifth Monday) I propose an additional
Herald Nite to assist those who are interested in vocal heralding at Grand
Tourney. While I am not Ermenrich, I can offer a crash-course in talking up
someone.

Knight Marshal (Jason) - Coronation went well. Has not been working on
fixing loaner armor as it has not been needed. We do NOT have any rooms for
Sunday practices for the next 2 weeks (10/28 and 11/4)

Archery Marshal (Godaeth) - Practices continue on Sunday afternoons. Also
starting to learn how to make (Flemish style) bowstrings and is planning on
making Cynnabar livery bow stings for the loaner bows!

Seneschal (Finn) - Next meeting on 11/12

Baron and Baroness (Hanna and Tairdelbach) - Reports filed. Please send in
award recommendations (Grand Tourney and Wassail coming up!). Consider being
an A&S Champion as they will be choosing them at Wassail! And.....We are
still a Barony.