[Cynnabar] Weekly meeting minutes for 08/27/12 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal boc.seneschal at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 02:34:02 UTC 2012

For some reason these meeting minutes are being posted almost 2 weeks after
the meeting was held. I blame the Seneschal for this oversight. So here are
the meeting minutes from the 8/27/12 meeting.  27 people, some happy, some
carefree, some both were in attendance.

-Finn

Event and Demo Reports

Kill and Grill with Monthly Tourneys - There were 2 fought on the heavy
combat side. The winners were: Iain Ruah for the first tourney; and Sir
Straum in the second tourney. On the rapier side we ran 3 tourneys today!
The winners were: Galen O'Conaill in the first tourney; lady Morwid in the
second tourney; and lord Corleone in the thrid.

Garb Day - Very well attended with 12-14 people showing and a very
comfortable couch as well!

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Ale to the Victors (Sept 22nd)  - Northwoods will be hosting this event.
They would like help with heraldry and judging. Please contact the autocrat
(Lady Alianor (Aliyah) bat Asriel  <mailto:aliyahbatasreil at yahoo.com>
aliyahbatasriel at yahoo.com) if you can assist. Please come out and support
the event and Cynnabar's team at request of their Excellencies!

Coronation of Dag and AnneMarie (Sept. 29th)  -  We now have someone that
will be running the Lunch Tavern. The website should be up by Labor Day
weekend. We are still looking for donations for prizes. A question was asked
about site fee and it was noted that the family cap for a family paying site
fee is by law.

The budget line item of $400 for supporting the lunch tavern had its second
round of discussion for approval (of our normal 3 meeting/approval process).
While there is some slush funds built into the current event budget, the
lunch tavern was not. No one had any objections or concerns about this line
item.

Fiber Faire (Oct 13th)  -  Preparations are going well. Teachers have been
found and we are getting more. There is plans to do a "stash exchange" where
items can be donated and bought with proceeds going to the Kingdom Travel
Fund. The website is done and it looks to be a fun day.

Grand Tourney (Nov 3rd)  -Still need any prize donations. Come out to Herald
night to help learn vocal heraldry for those that want to assist with it at
Grand Tourney (and learn it in general as well!). Website live with new info
coming soon!

Nicola's books holiday gift wrapping (Nov. 17th and Nov. 24th) -Nicola's is
doing their holiday gift wrapping again this year. This is both an good
exposure as well as a fund raising opportunity for the Barony. It was
decided that Cynnabar would like to man the wrapping table on Nov. 17th and
Nov. 24th. Both very good days for sales (and fund raising opportunities!).
We will get times for those that can volunteer scheduled later. We just need
2 people at a time at the table in 2 hour shifts, in garb of course. So it's
not a big burden to commit to. If there are those that want to consider
doing this at other times during the holiday season, that can be done as
well and would just need to be coordinated thru Amyon. Look for e-mails from
Amyon with further information soon.

Wassail (TBD)  - Ilsa has agreed to be autocrat for this event again this
year and she is trying to get Dec. 8th reserved at the Chelsea Fair Grounds
(same site/building as last year). The suggestion of doing another "garage
sale" was brought up with proceeds going to the Baronial Pennsic funds (to
help with Pennsic specific project like the gate, etc).

Old Business

New Group Rapier Marshal - Galen has thrown his hat in the ring to become
Cynnabar's next Group Rapier Marshal. This was the second discussion of our
3-meeting discussion/approval process. Galen was at the meeting and spoke
about himself and what he would do with the office. Of note: he has been
fencing for 9 years and plans to keep things as-is as things seem to be
going well. A point was brought up that sometimes if feels as if there is
not enough interaction with the Barony by the local fencers and that we
would like there to be more interaction. The example/question was raised as
to how many fencers were on the separate Cynnabar Fencer e-mail list but not
on the main Cynnabar e-mail list and thus may be missing out on many
key/good information that the Barony as a whole. Galen agreed and would look
into things to see what can be done to help.

New Group Minister of Youth - Lady Ceara has thrown her hat in the ring to
become Cynnabar's Minister of Youth. Everyone is still very happy at this
idea. This was our second discussion of our 3-meeting discussion/approval
process.

Fixing loaner leg armor (placeholder only, not under active discussion) -

New Business

Cynnabar History (Scrap) book - From the Chronicler's Deputy, Ceara:  We
would like to put the idea out there to make a sort of Cynnabar Scrapbook or
maybe more correctly put, history book. As Ermenrich's Deputy I was hoping
to mention this to the group so that I could get some funds for the book and
some supplies to make it! Everyone at the meeting liked this idea. However,
it was noted that a specific budget proposal should be put together and
brought forth to a meeting for approval. Also the question of once the book
is completed, who would be responsible for it? The agreement by the group
was that it would be owned by the Chronicler's office.

Announcements

There is not enough knitting going on in this meeting. -Master Midair

Bjarki is obsolete. -HRH Dag

Officer Repots (normally done on 4th Monday of each month)

Exchequer (Vincent) - The 2nd quarter reports are filed. We have a balance
of $4419.18 and are in good financial standing.

Webminister (Aaron) - I sent in the quarterly report a couple weeks ago. The
outage (and difficulty getting in touch with support) was due to a mess-up
with transitioning to a new management/ticketing system on their end. It's
all worked out now. I'll keep it on the current infrastructure for now but
will investigate whether it's feasible to move stuff to midrealm.org and
what that would entail (Gilbert is the new kingdom webminister.) I've put
better backups in place (the mailing list membership wasn't properly backed
up before) and in the future if there's another outage it should be quicker
to get back up and running.

Fencing Marshal (TBD) -

MoAS (Arin) - Classes are done for Coronation. Stamps are done and ready for
the token making workshop.

Chatelaine (Genoveva) -There are new people around and she is trying to
education and encourage. There is/will be a gold key survey for those that
have been in the SCA for less than 5 years. There will be no Manchester
Fantasy Faire this year. There is also no ability to join/demo at the UoM
Northfeast or Mass Meeting this year as we missed the registration deadline
that was due last April.

Chronicler (Ermenrich) - September 15th is the release date of the next
issue of the Citadel. Please have any submissions for it to Ermenrich by the
9th. He will always have room! Also the Citadel has been nominated for 4 of
the William Blackfox awards! We do not know when the winners will be
announced be will we find out!

Herald (Simcha) -

Knight Marshal (Jason) - Nothing much new to report. Had new guy pete in
armor today. He really enjoyed it and is coming back.

Status of loaner armor.
2 sets of working leg armor
3 sets of working body armor
3 sets of working arm armor
Plus tons of miscellaneous gear
1 working helmet for a small head.
Need to get with Straum on other two loaner helmets.

Marshals report due on September first. intend to have it submitted by end
of week. There are no changes that i am aware that need to be noted for the
report.

Archery Marshal (Godaeth) - The 3rd quarter report has been submitted. The
Sunday archery range was closed for August for vacation/Pennsic but will
open again in September as long as the weather is good! The website is to be
updated soon. Also on Sept 9th archery practice in garb is encouraged. Also
note that there will be archery at the upcoming events Ale to the Victors as
well as Coronation. September also boasts the Reign of Arrows archery event.
Godaeth would also like to note the bow donation  as well.

Seneschal (Finn) - Next Baronial business meeting is Sept. 10th

Baron and Baroness (Hanna and Tairdelbach) - As always please submit your
award recommendations to both Baronial and Kingdom levels! It was a GREAT
arrow making workshop. And His Royal Highness says that we are still a
Barony.