[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes for 09/10/12 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal boc.seneschal at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 02:31:58 UTC 2012

Hey look! It’s the BoC Meeting Minutes for the 09/10/12 meeting!

Event and Demo Reports

Harvest Day/TOC – Good event. Lots of Chiv for the TOC proper. Well attended
with over 400 gentles showing. There were 4 peerages done during court. Our
own Azriel le Fay one the South Oaken regional rapier championship tourney,
but not being from South Oaken, the mantel went to Peter as champion.

March of Madness – Lightly attended with 3 of the 7 fencers being from
Cynnabar. The format was see how many fights you could do in 2 hours. Galen
racked up 230 (144 of those wins) for the win with William coming in at 210.

Clancy Day – Very small but fun.

Garb workday – Lightly attended this week.

Archery practice (in garb!) – Good turnout with 14 people. Check out the
pics on the Baronial Facebook page if you’re interested in seeing them. It
was suggested that this become a recurring thing as practicing in the garb
you will be actually shooting in at events is good to do. Godaeth likes the
idea and will look into doing more of these in the future.

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Ale to the Victors (Sept 22nd)  – PLEASE COME! This should be a day for fun!
$15 site fee but includes lunch tavern and hot dogs and brats (no sides is
my understanding) at the end of the day.

Coronation of Dag and AnneMarie (Sept. 29th)  – The budget line item of $400
for supporting the lunch tavern (third discussion and looking for final
approval - APPROVED). Website is marvelous. LOTS of stuff going on at the
event. If we get enough people we will be OK. Prize donations are needed!
Even if they are not used at this event the Barony can always use them at
upcoming events so having a pool of prizes to use/pick from would be great.
PLEASE COME AND HELP SETUP ON FRIDAY (9/28) between 6:PM and 8:PM. The more
hands we have the quicker/easier this will go. Speaking of
 PLEASE STAY
SATURDAY EVENING AND HELP CLEAN UP! Again, many hands make light work.
Morning court is set to START at 10:AM. Her Excellency Hannah needs
retainers and guards for 1 hour shifts. Please see Her Excellency if you can
assist in any way. The idea of a bake sale was brought up and agreed it
would be a good thing to help raise funds (to go to either the Kingdom
travel fund and/or Cynnabar Pennsic camp funds).

Fiber Faire (Oct 13th)  –   Classes are being developed. If anyone has more
please contact Mistress Claire. Lunch will be kept simple with Subway
orders. Should be lots of fun! They are bringing back the Stash Exchange
where you can bring stuff in and others and buy things with the
donations/proceeds going to (TBD there is time to determine where it would
be best).

Grand Tourney (Nov 3rd)  – Looking to get the rapier schedule and will get
tighter with Galen to determine. As always, prize donations are needed. It
was suggested we advertize some of the cool prizes on the website? It was
determined that we should not due to some of the prizes are just for those
tenants that have qualified to be in the Grand Tourney form the monthly
tourneys and therefore not open to all the day of the event (even those the
monthly tourneys are open to all).

Nicola’s books holiday gift wrapping (Nov. 17th and Nov. 24th) – Signup
sheet soon. No more than 2 people are needed during a given shift. Bulky
garb (like hoop skirts) should be avoided due to limited room.

Wassail (TBD)  – No new updates

Old Business

New Group Rapier Marshal – Galen has thrown his hat in the ring to become
Cynnabar’s next Group Rapier Marshal. This was the third discussion and
looking for final approval. APPROVED! He has already started working at
getting more of the fencers that were only on the Cynnabarfencing Yahoo
group to join the regular Cynnabar e-mail list as well.

New Group Minister of Youth – Lady Ceara has thrown her hat in the ring to
become Cynnabar’s Minister of Youth. This was be the third discussion and
looking for final approval. APPROVED! Everyone at the meeting was in
agreement that we are glad we will not have a MoY. Ceara is also thinking
about how to also work with teens. She has had experience in the past before
working with teens as part of a youth group.

Fixing loaner leg armor (placeholder only, not under active discussion) –

New Business

Fund approval – The previously approved $75 for making new award tokens has
come in handy as they are done! However, the budget did go over the $75 by
$8.01 (a total of $83.01 in materials). It has been requested that the group
reimburses the $8.01. A lively discussion ensued. Most seemed in favor of
not going through the normal “3 meeting/discussion/approval” process for
such a small amount. The seneschal in his finite wisdom consulted the
group’s official financial policy and found that it states an expedited
expenditure can be determined at the meeting if necessary and will be
determined by the participants at the meeting. Everyone at the meeting
agreed that this budget item of $8.01 should be expedited due to is small
amount and it would be silly to go thru the “3-meeting process” for $8.01.
HRH Dag did raise a point that we should keep the penny, but in the end his
suggestion was not found to be enough substantial opposition so the full
$8.01 was approved for reimbursement.

Announcements

Due to a scheduling error, we will not have the back room at Classic Cup
Café for the dates of Sept. 17 and Oct. 15. We will meet on the left side of
the restaurant (as you come in the door) those evenings.

There are new Cynnabar Social cards for those that need them.

There was a left over purple water bottle from a fight practice from months
ago that just resurfaced. No one claimed it so it was off to recycling.

Arin is coming up on her 3 year anniversary as MoaS (Congratulations!) If
anyone is interested in taking over the position, please see Arin. She is
also willing to work as a deputy to help out a new person as well. And if no
one else wants the position, she is also willing to stay on if needed.

The Fighters meeting at Carlyle Grill on Oct. 3rd may have a new date. His
Excellency Tairdelbach has not had many responses for this date and those he
has had have been negative for availability.

Saturday Oct. 6 is the Reign of Arrows Archery event.

This week’s craft night was working with pottery and clay.