[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes for 09/17/12 meeting

Dennis Higgins mortisfan at comcast.net
Mon Sep 24 01:57:26 UTC 2012

It's the BoC Meeting Minutes for the 09/17/12 meeting..aren't we lucky?

Event and Demo Reports

None. (Weird huh?)

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Ale to the Victors (Sept 22nd)  - PLEASE COME! This should be a day for fun!
Medieval football and tailgating! The good Autocrat Lady Alianor made a
special visit to the meeting to help tell us about all the cool things
planned. $15 site fee but includes lunch tavern and hot dogs and brats (no
sides is my understanding) at the end of the day.

Coronation of Dag and AnneMarie (Sept. 29th)  - Walk thru Thursday 6:PM. We
need people to do various things. PLEASE COME AND HELP SETUP ON FRIDAY
(9/28) between 6:PM and 8:PM. The more hands we have the quicker/easier this
will go. Speaking of. PLEASE STAY SATURDAY EVENING AND HELP CLEAN UP! Again,
many hands make light work. Morning court is set to START at 10:AM. Her
Excellency Hannah needs retainers and guards for 1 hour shifts. Please see
Her Excellency if you can assist in any way. Site opens at 8:AM on Saturday.

Fiber Faire (Oct 13th)  -   As of Sept. 1st, the site has a new policy where
the group wanting to rent the site must come in person in and present to the
church council what they want to use the site for. Master Midair will be
doing this for us since it is this Monday and Mistress Claire (Autocrat) is
unable to make it. Things should go fine and we are not expecting any
trouble. Otherwise, the rest of the event preparation is going fine
otherwise.

Grand Tourney (Nov 3rd)  - No updates.

Nicola's books holiday gift wrapping (Nov. 17th and Nov. 24th) - Signup
sheet soon. No more than 2 people are needed during a given shift. Bulky
garb (like hoop skirts) should be avoided due to limited room.

Wassail (TBD)  - Dec 8th is OK at the Chelsea Fair Grounds. There is a $375
site fee with a $250 deposit due to hold the date. After a brief discussion
it was agreed that a line item budget for $400 would be put forth to cover
the deposit/site fee plus any miscellaneous expenses there might be.
Everyone seemed fine with this idea. This was the first discussion of our
normal 3 meeting discussion/approval process.

Old Business

None. (Weird huh?)

Fixing loaner leg armor (placeholder only, not under active discussion) -

New Business

None. (Weird huh?)

Announcements

A&S Workshop this week to make Ale to the Victor items.

Bianca is looking to put together a novice team for the next Golden
Seamstress competition. Please see her if interested.