[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes for 11/25/13 meeting

Dennis Higgins mortisfan at comcast.net
Mon Dec 9 00:10:29 EST 2013

Yup, right on time again.

-Finn

Event and Demo Reports

None - Weird huh?

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Wassail! (Dec. 14th) - We have insurance. Planning Children's activities.
Going well.

Nicola's Gift Wrapping (Dec. 21st and 22nd) - Signup is almost full.
Additional availability on other days as well.

12th night 2014 (Jan. 4th, 2014) - Class schedule is full.

Terpsichore 20 (March 29th, 2014) - No update

St. Cecilia (May 9th-10th, 2014) - Nothing new.

Old Business

Wassail! decorations and fudge money - As the site deposit has taken
up/holding funds, we need a bit of freed funds for the Event Steward to be
able to spend on decorations and some fudge money. This is for spending up
to $75 dollars. This amount was originally in the budget but the deposit
amount (which we should get back) was not taken into consideration so the
extra money is needed to be approved at this time. This will be the 3rd of
our 3 meeting discussion/approval process. No issues or concerns. Approved!

12th Night Lunch Tavern - A new request for spending up to $600 for lunch
tavern at 12th night. The original request was lower (for only 100
servings), however due to the event becoming Kingdom 12th night, the concern
was running out of food and not being able to serve enough people. The
increase in budget was to accommodate any possible increase without having
to restart the discussion. If the increase is not happening or not as much,
please not the allotted budget is an 'up-to' amount. We have the ability to
expand lunch up to 200 if needed. Everyone is OK with the amount proposed.
This is the 2nd of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process.

Ann Arbor Christian School Demo (Dec 12th) - The annual demo we do for the
school. 6:30 arrival with 7:PM feast (demo) start. Need 2 fencers, 2 armored
fighters, an MC and dancers.  This is the 2nd of our 3 meeting
discussion/approval process for the group to officially support the demo. No
issues.

12th Night Event budget - It was recently discovered that while Cynnabar
approved supporting our 12th night event, (to get it on the Kingdom calendar
quickly), we did not actually approve a budget. This is to correct that. The
budget proposed is for $2,500. That is $1200 for site, $300 for
miscellaneous and up to $1000 for feast. The feast I set that high due to
the increased attendance due to it now being a Kingdom event and that the
scope of the feast now may expand from the original $600 plan (prior to the
event becoming the official Kingdom 12th night). This was our 1st of our
three meeting discussion/approval process. There was discussion around the
amount for feast and it was agreed that we should have the funds available
greater than planned just in case and that not all of it has to be spent,
but is there if needed.

New Business

Tithing to the Kingdom $500 - This was be our 1st of our 3 meeting
discussion/approval process. The original proposal was to tithe about 10% of
our current bank account (which stands just over $9,000) to Kingdom. This
was  large discussion with lots of back and forth and people expressing
their opinions and asking good questions. I'm not going to attempt to
document it here. In the end, the proposal was to tithe $500 now, possibly
to a specified fund (travel fund, etc) to be determined. And then later next
year see how we are financially and see if we want to tithe again at that
point.

Discussion around Youth at events and determining guidelines and rules -
Another large discussion. This time around how Cynnabar wants to deal with
handling minors at events and how Kingdom is in the process of clarifying
the rules.  Our Youth Minister Lady Ceara is going to looking into the many
questions we had.

Announcements

No Baronial business meeting on Dec 23rd.

December officer reports will be due on the Dec 16.

Cynnabar gift exchange will be on Dec 30th. IN GARB.

Last armored/rapier practice will be on Dec 8th (we don't have any rooms
after that). Practices resume on Jan 12th.

Monthly tourneys on the 1st along with Youth combat.

Officer Repots (normally done on 4th Tuesday of each month)

Exchequer (Tristan) - We have money and no we can't have any. We can buy3.84
fine Scottish will (not virgin wool) which is about $9084.09

Webminister (Aaron) - Website is still running. New St. Cecilia site is up.
Youth Minister now has a stub page up.

Fencing Marshal (William) - There are practices with some people showing up
from the fencing demo. At least one new person shows up at each practice..

MoAS (Arin) -Craft nights still happening. If you have a specific request
for a craft or niche, let Mistress Arin know.

Mo Youth (Ceara) -Kids activities at Wassail and 12th night. Kingdom law
being worked on. If you have any questions about our Baroinal
rules/guidelines around minors, let Lady Ceara know.

Chatelaine (Genoveva) - Had demo, went well. Report will be submitted. New
people continuing to contact her. Gold key will be at GDoT.

Chronicler (Ermenrich) - Next issue of the Citadel will be Dec 5th. Winter
themed issue, please contribute by Dec 1st.

Herald (Johannes) - We had 6 Cynnabar members doing field heraldry at GDoT.

Knight Marshal (Jason) - No report.

Archery Marshal (Godaeth) -  No report.

Seneschal (Finn) - Quarterly report to be submitted soon.

Baron and Baroness (Hanna and Tairdelbach) - Please send in award
recommendations. Wassail! And 12th Night events coming up soon. Choosing a
new A&S champion at Wassail! Swore fealty at GDoT, so we should still be a
Barony.