[Cynnabar] Schedule and needs for Pennsic

Hannah Schreiber hannahschreiber at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 27 12:27:09 CDT 2013

Greetings unto Our fine populace,

The season of War is once again upon us! Below you will find a list of events that We plan to attend -- and, should you have time, We hope you will join us if you're able. War is a busy event -- so we understand that schedules are crazy. We have outlined it by item and date so hopefully it's easy to review.

We have a few other things announce or make you aware of for this year, too:

CONTESTS:
Cooking - there will be the annual Baronial Thanksgiving cooking contest in camp again this year. Prize for the best dish served based on theme, difficulty to cook in camp, and taste.

Volunteering - Because volunteers are so important to make every event run -- and, in connection to there being a War point for the most volunteer hours -- We will award a prize to the member of the Cynnabar populace who has served the most hours while at Pennsic. This includes volunteering at any Pennsic station (A&S point, Heralds point, security, gate, and so forth), Waterbearing, Marshaling, and serving the Midrealm or it's allies in capacity of retaining, guard, or POD. This also includes serving the Barony in hours of help during setup weekend and/or help with the two Baronial Tournaments we're running. If there are other things you've volunteered for, please ask! Please keep track of your hours and we'll review in court on Wednesday night. Any hours reserved but not served for Thursday or Friday will still be counted towards the goal. We encourage you all to come lend a hand, meet new friends, and learn what goes on behind the scenes!

HELP:
Service -
We are still in need of retainers, guards and a couple of Peers to help out with POD on Sunday. See above...add to your hours logged!!! :)

Things -
We are asking for a few donations of largess and supplies to help make it an entertaining and fortifying war for everyone. We would like to ask the populace that if you have any of the following items to donate, please bring them to war to help encourage the contests and fun.
	* Fighter food (pretzels, pickles, oranges, jerky)
	* Donations for prizes for the above contests (We have a couple of things, but if you have something else, let us know. Should be something everyone can use)
	* Mixers, Beer/Wine, or Liquor for Drunken Court
If you can help out with any of the above, please email Hannah (baroness(AT)cynnabar(DOT)org) so we are not doubling up on stuff!

--

Pennsic 2013 Baronial Progress & Schedule

Saturday & Sunday  (7/20-21)
Help set up camp and infrastructure. Return home on Sunday the 21st

Friday  (7/26) -
Baron and Baroness return back to camp
6:45-8:00 pm - Psallite Concert
We plan to attend this concert to watch Cynnabar's own Jadwiga, Kahsa and Aaron play! Help us support them and join!

Saturday (7/27) -
11 am (time negotiable)Pennsic Newcomers Walking Tour
If this is your first time at Pennsic, please join Their Excellencys on a walking tour of Pennsic. We'll point out the special spots of the event, talk about traditions, and review some of the 'don't miss' special events. Time is negotiable depending upon participation....please RSVP!!!!

8 pmOpening Ceremonies
Pennsic newcommers are welcome to process along with us and the Baronial Champions to watch and listen to the ceremonies.

after Opening Ceremonies - Known World Party

Sunday (7/28)-
10 - 1 pm - Champion Battles
If this year is anything like previous years, Cynnabar will be well represented in the Champions Battles. Come cheer on the Midrealm team!

1-2 pm -  Rapier Field Battle
His Excellency plans to fight in the Rapier battle. Her Excellency plans to cheer on the team

10 am - 3 pm? -  A&S Display
Her Excellency plans to review the A&S displays. Please make time to tour these fantastic displays from around the Known World....there's always something that will be talked about for days to come -- so don't miss out!

1 - 6 pm Cynnabar Volunteer day for MK Royal
The Barony is signed up to retain, serve as guards and serve as Peer On Duty at the Midrealm encampment for the afternoon shifts. If you can help out...please email Hannah (baroness(AT)cynnabar(DOT)org). There are still shifts available -- and this counts towards volunteer points!
(Their Excellencies will be at MK Royal on POD from 3-5 pm)

Monday (7/29)-
10 am - Armored Field Battle & Baronial March to the field
Muster at 9 as a group with the Baronial Armored Army to march to the field battle. Our fine musicians will lead us in parade and pageantry to the battlefield. Do you know the Cynnabar fight song...?i If not,start practicing now! Stay to watch and cheer on the Midrealm victory! Bring a chair and sunscreen.

3 pm - 7 pm - Known World Armored Baronial Champions Tournament
Cynnabar hosts this reputable tournament for the Known World. Come watch as the Baronial Champions from all over meet to compete against one another in displays of prowess and grace before the panel of Barons and Baronesses. Your help would be appreciated for set up and during the tourney...please contact Their Excellencies.

7-9 pm Whose Line Doth it Be?
The improv comedy competition where anything can happen -- hosted by Cynnabar's own Master Midair! Audience members should bring seating.

Tuesday (7/30)-
2 - 5 pm - Cynnabar Group Populace Archery Shoot
Archers to the line! We plan to progress as a group up to the Archery list to shoot for populace points. We will leave camp at 2 pm...please bring your bows & sun protection.

o'-dark thirty - Cynnabar Gambling Night

Fighters of the Barony plan to run a gambling night this evening. More info at war.

Wednesday (7/31)
2-5 pm Known World Baronial Rapier Champions tournament
Northwoods/Cynnabar hosts this tournament in similar format to the armored one. We'll need help with food, seting up tents, and bringing stuff out to the list field
(They lead the hosting on this one)

6 pm Baronial Thanksgiving (Potluck Dinner)
Everyone, please join us for a Thanksgiving themed potluck dinner in camp (AKA, get a good meal in you before 'drunken court!'). There will be a prize for the best dish served awarded by Their Excellencies. Award is based on theme, difficulty to cook in camp, and taste. Dishes for potluck do not necessarily need to be on theme to be participate, though, so please bring any dish to pass and share!

7 pm Baronial (Drunken) Court

after court - Midnight maddness shopping
Progress from camp out to do some shopping...we'll see how long we can stick together this year...maybe we'll even make it to the end of Painted Wheel! :)

Thursday (8/1)
9 am Baronial March to the field & Armored Tower Battle
Did you miss it on Monday? Here's your chance again to muster with the group and march with the Armored Army to march to the field! Maybe we'll all know the words by Thursday!

1-2 pm -  Rapier Bridge Battle
His Excellency plans to fight in the Rapier battle. Her Excellency plans to cheer on the team!

8 pm MidRealm Court
Don't even ask...yes you need to go to court!!! Will be held this year in the new buildings. Please join as we celebrate the populace with awards from Our noble King and Queen.

Friday (8/2)
9 am Armored Bridge Battle

late afternoon -- take down camp. Time, tbd

Saturday (8/3), we need to be out by 12 noon

--

We look forward to seeing everyone at Pennsic War!

In service to the Crown and Our Barony,

Tairdelbach and Hannah
Your Baron and Baroness