[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes for the 02/18/13 meeting

Dennis Higgins mortisfan at comcast.net
Sun Mar 10 21:35:33 CDT 2013

So these meeting minutes are stretching in back a bit and were taken by
Mistress Claire when I was out of town. I apologize to one and all for the
delay.

In service,

-Finn

Seneschal

11 people were present

Event and Demo Reports

            Heralds and Scribes symposium- Cynnabar provided most of the
teachers

            Blissfield- we now have a $200 check and a thank you note

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Terpsichore (April. 6th, 2013)  - no Middle Eastern track this year which
leaves room for 2 more classes or social space

St. Cecilia at the Tower Event (May 18th, 2013) - no report

Spring Revel (April 28th Sunday) - may advertise locally to attract new
members

Grand Tournament (Nov. 16th) - no report

12th night 2014 (Jan. 4th, 2014) - Renault may do the feast

Old Business

St. Cecilia Lunch Tavern Budget Proposal: 2rd discussion of our 3 meeting
discussion/approval process. This will be to approve/support budget at $150
for lunch. Costs will be $5/person and break even at 30 people. Discussions
were held. No issues or concerns are reported.

St. Cecilia Dinner Tavern Budget Proposal: 2rd discussion of our 3 meeting
discussion/approval process. This will be to approve/support budget at $200
for dinner. Costs will be $8/person and break even at 25 people. Discussions
were held. No issues or concerns are reported.

UoM Student group/recruiting - As this will be an ongoing effort, we will
keep this on our meeting discussion agenda for the foreseeable future.

New Business

            none

Announcements

            Baron T- need award rec for Terp

            Gray- ax throwing was fun and will be held again this Wednesday,
the archery butt is up, too

            A&S workshop- discussing dyes- what they are and how they work

            Kelsey Museum docent lecture was good.  Randy and Arin went and
talked to the docents afterwards. The museum likes having us as we ask good
questions.  Some docents may come to our spring events.

            Claire had free books and art.  Extra art will be donated to
Grand Tourney for prizes.