[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes 08/11/14 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Mon Aug 18 02:47:10 UTC 2014

Meeting minutes!

-Finn

Event and Demo Reports

Pennsic! - "Holy crap was Pennsic great for Cynnabar!" - HE Tairdelbach.
Camp was great. All Cynnabar militia (armored, rapier, archery) did great.
Cynnabar colors (tabards) were given to Gavriil, Jonnis(sp?) and Finn.
Cynnabar well represented in the A&S display. Ermenrich made the Who's Line
Doth it Be cast this year! The new camp cart was there and worked well. GOOD
PENNSIC!

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Enhanced practice: Closing of the Range III (Sun. Oct 26th) - A Facebook
page will be created soon. This will be done more like a Fall Revel (grill &
kill). Things are coming together nicely. Also possibly looking to do an
Inter-kingdom combat archery competition.

Grand Day of Tournament (Nov. 15th, 2014) - Event/staff meetings start next
week.

Kerrytown Kindle Fest Demo (December 5th 6:PM to 10:PM) - Waiting on the
application still. If we don't get by next week, Mistress Arin will send out
an e-mail reminder to organizer.

Old Business

Wassail! (Dec. 20th, 2014) with $500 budget proposal -Budget proposal of
$500 covers the $350 site fee and $150 for any insurance cert costs and
incidentals/decorations. No site fee but will be set as donation. This is
the 3rd of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process. No issues or concerns.
APPROVED!

Mass Meeting Demo (Tuesday, Sept. 23rd 6:30PM to 9:PM) - This is for the
Barony supporting the Mass Meeting demo for U of Michigan campus. Held after
Festifall to help recruit new members. This is the 2nd of our 3 meeting
discussion/approval process. We have both Anderson rooms. As we are looking
to make a video presentation we can put on a loop, think about what we/you
may like to see on this (think short presentation). No other concerns.

New Business

Nicola's Gift Wrapping (Sat, Dec. 13th and Sun, Dec 21st) - This is to
support our annual gift wrapping in garb we do for Nicola's Bookstore. After
some discussion on dates, it was decide to split weekends. The 21st is a
good day as it is closer to the holiday. The 20th is Wassail! (WASSAIL!) so
we split the second day to the previous weekend on Saturday. This way if
someone can't make one of the weekend days due to other commitments there
another option. Everyone liked this split and what it can cover. Closer to
early December Aymon will do the list sign-up. This is the 1st of our 3
meeting discussion/approval process.

Announcements

Archery range at Dillon's is closed for the rest of August and will reopen
Sunday, September 7th.

Reminder: Baronial candidate polls need to be returned/postmarked by
September 3rd.

Genoveva is updating  the Cynnabar.org order of precedence so if you are
missing any awards on the list, please e-mail Genoveva and let her know.