[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes for 01/13/14 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal boc.seneschal at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 22:52:22 EST 2014

Below is last week’s meeting minutes.

-          Finn

Event and Demo Reports

Nicola’s Gift Wrapping (Dec. 21st and 22nd) – We received $152.21 in
donations. And Amyon’s note says it best: IT WENT GREAT! The Barony did a
great job wrapping gifts at Nicola's Books this Holiday season. .  You were
punctual, early in fact, Gracious and Fun. The staff and I did not have to
worry if the next shift was going to show up. Your presence always adds an
extra spark to the day.  And many customers asked about our garb and such.
I was very proud to be a member of the Barony of Cynnabar. THANK YOU THANK
YOU THANK YOU.
Amyon

12th Night (Jan. 4th, 2014) – Comments on 12th night in no particular order:
There were 373 people (19 minors) that attended the event. We are looking to
make around $800 profit form the event (that is after ½ going to Kingdom),
but the numbers are not final yet. Good times. Every liked the layout. The 8
merchants were cooperative with the limited space. AMAZING STAFF and
Genoveva. Repeated comments on how great the site was. Renaud’s feast sold
out and was amazing. The sideboard feast was very nice and many said it was
great to have it in the same hall. We left a good impression with the site
facilitator. Lunch tavern: went overboard with planning for 200, ended up
selling for 125 people. Thanks to teachers. Setup helpers. Ability to gate
in early if there for setup was nice. Gate forms complete and nice as well.
THANKS TO ALL WITH THEIR HELP!

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Terpsichore 20 (March 29th, 2014) – Staff meeting on Wednesday.

St. Cecilia (May 9th-10th, 2014) – Soliciting teachers starting late January
early February.

Old Business

Winterfeast Demo (Jan. 14th) – APPROVED! This is a small “table/display”
demo on the U of Michigan campus to show students our group. There is a $30
fee for the table space that each group needs to pay.  This is the 3rd of
our 3 meeting discussion/approval process for the group to officially
support the demo and pay the $30 fee.

Gambling coins and bags restocking request – APPROVED! Sir Straum is
requesting up to $400 to restock our coins and bags that we use during the
gambling at our events. There was a larger amount of walk off this year and
we have less than 100 bags left. This is the 3rd of our 3 meeting
discussion/approval process.

Grand Day of Tournament (Nov. 15th, 2014) – SUPPORTING THE EVENT APPROVED!
(Budget still need to be submitted and go thru the approval process.) Lady
Godaeth has talked to the site that we had GDoT and they are willing to have
us back and will pencil us in for Nov. 15th of next year.  This will be for
the group to approve supporting this event again to get it on the Kingdom
calendar (budget to be done later). This is the 3rd of our 3 meeting
discussion/approval process.

New Business

Grand Day of Tournament Budget (up to $2000) – This is the 1st of our 3
meeting discussion/approval process. Lady Agnoletta will be event steward.
Same budget planned as last year (site, prizes, fighter food, etc.) all but
lunch tavern.

Mass Meeting demo (Sept. 23rd) – This is the 1st of our 3 meeting
discussion/approval process. This is to support the demo as group. Same demo
planned as last year. Show (no combat) demo at the U. of Michigan from 6:PM
to 9:PM.

Capital investment of loaner crossbow ($50) – This is the 1st of our 3
meeting discussion/approval process. Forrester Dillon is willing to sell the
Barony a crossbow to add to our Baronial archery loaner gear for only $50.
It is confirmed by some of our good archery folks that this is a good
beginner crossbow. It is also agreed that $50 is a VERY good bargain for
something like this.

Spring Revel Event and Budget (April 27th, 2014) – This is the 1st of our 3
meeting discussion/approval process. This would be to support the event and
spend up to $175 for the site rental (includes alcohol permit).

Announcements

Ermenrich – Next Citadel planned for late March. Would like it to be a
‘fool’s’ edition (for April 1st). Please send in any humors submission you
may have (but please keep it “PG”).

Monique – Is stepping down from choir director and the choir is going on
hiatus due to lack of interest.

Genoveva – Personal announcement: has new book out on visiting Disney

Arron – Has leftovers from 12th Night lunch tavern and we will be taking
some home with us. (and we did)

Ranthulfr - Personal announcement: has new book out on his artwork in early
Magic the Gathering game.

Arin – Stew at craft Night. Send in notes on what A&S work you are doing for
her A&S report.

Tairdelbach – Fighter retreat is scheduled for March 21st – 23rd.