[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes 10/13/14 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Tue Oct 21 23:10:54 UTC 2014

Slightly late. Minutes from 2 meetings ago. But I'm sure it was not my fault
as your Seneschal couldn't be wrong on things like this.

-Finn

Seneschal to the stars.

Event and Demo Reports

Mass Meeting Demo (Tues. Sept. 23rd) - Was awesome. New people are showing
up already with sewing, fencing, armored and rapier practice. Video and
booth very effective.

Coronation - Heirs for the Baronial seats were announced. Rest of the event
was very good.

Red Dragon - Awesome. Good Cynnabar presence. Was cold. Deeds of arms was
the highlight of the day. Dancing too!

Garb workday - Very well attended.

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Dixboro Farmers Market Demo (Fri. Oct. 24th, 3:30 to 7:30) - We have enough
people to support. Daye will coordinate day of.

Closing of the Range III (Sun. Oct. 26th) - Facebook updated with tentative
final schedule. Finalizing a light lunch. Please still bring a potluck dish
for the evening (just like other kill & grills). Lady Godaeth will be
stepping down as Group Archery Marshal at the event. This will also be the
last court of Tairdelbach and Hannah. There will be smores!

A Grand Day of Tournaments (Sat. Nov. 15th) - Planning meeting Thursday at
6:30 at the Classic Cup. Budget for lunch tavern being developed. Please
donate more prizes, but bring them on the day of the event.

Kerrytown Kindle Fest Demo (Fri. Dec. 5th) - The organization has made
updates on Facebook. They are aware we still need applications.

Nicola's Gift Wrapping (Sat. Dec. 13th and Sun. Dec. 21st) - This is to
support our annual gift wrapping in garb we do for Nicola's bookstore. Amyon
will start coordinating sign-up sheets towards the beginning of December.

Wassail! (Sat. Dec. 20th) - There will be a table decorating contest. There
will be some stuff made for supplies. More details soon. Secret prize.

Old Business

Budget item: Materials for printing Baronial  brochures and business cards
($60)  - Genoveva is requesting $60 to buy paper/stock to print more
business cards and brochures. This is the 3rd of our 3 meeting
discussion/approval process. No issues or concerns. APPROVED!

Proposed addition to the Cynnabar Financial Policy:

2. ii. 3. Group officers or members of the Barony may occasionally request
minor expenditures ($50) for carrying out the duties of their office or for
items that support Baronial activities. These minor budget line item
requests can be requested by the officer or member at a business meeting and
then approved or denied by the participants at that same meeting.  More
discussion happened. This is the 2nd of our 3 meeting discussion/approval
process.

New Event Proposal: Spring Crown Tournament (May 23rd and 24th, 2015 - $6000
$7000 )  - Mistress Claire proposed we host next Spring Crown Tourney.
Liberty School in Saline. She is starting the proposal now in order to have
the bid in place by Crown Tourney. The original budget is for $6000 which
covers 2 days' worth of site rental and other miscellaneous items. It was
agreed to increase the event budget by another $1000 to cover feast and A&S
Judges lunches (traditionally provided for free). Bid will be due Nov. 22nd
so we have time to restart the 3-meeting process since we increased the
budget. Decision on if we get the bid will be done at Kingdom 12th night
Curia in January. Overall people still liked the idea of hosting Crown. This
is the 2nd 1st of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process.

New Business

GDoT Lunch Tavern proposal ($500)  - Mistress Arina is willing to run lunch
tavern again. Planning for 150 people with a $4 meal deal. This is the 1st
of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process.

Announcements

HE Hannah - Need retainers for GDoT for Their Majesties.

Finn - If you are interested in becoming the next Baronial Seneschal, please
see Finn.