[Cynnabar] Potential Demo on Oct. 24 at Dixboro Farmer's Market

Genoveva von Lübeck via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Tue Sep 16 15:37:35 UTC 2014

We have been invited to do a demo at the Dixboro Farmer's Market (see
http://www.dixborofarmersmarket.org/ ) on Friday, October 24th from
3:30-7:30 pm. We would be in a large section of village green, and my
understanding is there would be room for demonstrations of arts, crafts,
and armored and/or rapier fighting. This particular date is the Market's
Halloween Extravaganza with trick or treating, a haunted school, and a
bonfire. Lights would also be put up around the green as it is expected to
get dark around 6:30 pm. I think there's a great opportunity here to reach
families in our area!

We've been discussing this demo opportunity at our business meeting, and
we're trying to determine if we have support for it before we commit fully.
Thus, I am putting out the call to artisans (fiber arts, basketry, weaving,
music, etc.), fighters, and really anyone who might be able to come and
help us for all or part of the 3:30-7:30 timeframe. I realize it starts
before some folks get out of work, and it would be fine if you're only able
to stop by after work.

The Farmer's Market is located at 5221 Church Road, Ann Arbor, Michigan
48105 -- see Google Map Link:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=5221+Church+Rd,+Ann+Arbor,+MI+48105&ll=42.312785,-83.656495&spn=0.004078,0.004608&client=safari&oe=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=us&hnear=5221+Church+Rd,+Ann+Arbor,+Michigan+48105&t=m&z=18

If you are willing to join us for all or part of the demo, please let me
know (and what time you think you could be there) so I can tally the
numbers and present them at our next business meeting on 9/22, when we
would make our decision.

Thank you!

Genoveva
Cynnabar Chatelaine