[Cynnabar] Minutes of Monday 4/20/15 Meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed Apr 22 12:24:25 UTC 2015

The PDF is attached.  Here is the text.
Please come to next week's meeting if you possibly can.  We will have had a
Crown Tourney meeting the day before and there will be business to discuss
I am sure.  We also have several financial items on the docket.

Have a great week.
Kay

2015 0420 Barony of Cynnabar AGENDA                 7:00PM

Location:  Classic Cup Café   4389 Jackson Rd Ann Arbor, MI 48103-1831

*Event and Demo Reports*

4/18  A&S 50 and Pentemere Regional- Genoveva and Kasha.  No too many A&S
entrants.  Only Genoveva from Cynnabar.

4/18 Northshield Coronation- Claire. Beautiful.  Interesting gift offerings:
The youth members of the various baronies presented gifts that they have
made for the crown to give out, especially items for War presentation, made
in the colors of various kingdoms.

*Words from Their Excellencies Ermenrich and Kasha of Cynnabar:*

Do come to St Cecilia, especially the concert Saturday night at 8 pm.  The
Anderson Rooms at the Union will be used for St Cecelia activities on
Sunday.

Cynnabar will be hosting the Known World Armored Championship at War.  Help
will be needed.

*Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos*

*St. Cecilia at the Tower (April 24th - 26th, 2015) –*

One or two Retainer/Guard positions open.  No other Business.

*Demo: Penguicon (April 26th, 2015) – *

No Business.  Grey will be attending because an Olympic Archery coach will
be presenting at a nearby range.

*Spring Crown Tournament (May 23rd and 24th, 2015) –*

·         We need signed –up Volunteers.. Online Sign up will be available
after this coming weekend’s meeting.

·         Meeting Sunday 4/26, Saline Meadows Clubhouse (Claire’s place) 10
am -12 noon

·         A Facebook Page will be started, too.

·         Insurance in settles.

·         There will be 3 Baronial Archery Champions shooting against each
other at Crown. [WHAT DAY?]

*Saline Celtic Festival (July 11, 2015) - *$75  *3rd of 3 Meetings
APPROVED*

Art has heard back that the Liaison is appointed. Liaison understands our
request for certain needs to present Archery.  He asked about offering Axe
throwing.  Art and Grey will talk.

*Grand Day of Tournaments (Saturday November 7th, 2015) – *

No Report

*Old Business*

*Exchequer Business: 2nd of 3 Meetings*

1. Barony *needs to order new checks ASAP**. $150.00. *2nd* of 3 meetings
to approve*.

Order is in. Does Ben know when Checks will arrive?  There are no objections

2. *The Barony rented a Post office Box. $56.00 per year* at Stadium Ave.
Post Office. DONE  *2nd of 3 meetings. *

We should add this PO Box as a line item to the Financial Policy , just
like our online Domain Names, and continue payment until further notice.  ADDED
to New Business

No Objections

3. *New Exchequer by May 1*. Candidates?

Ilsa/ Heidi is interested.  She will be asked to come to a meeting and
present her resume, experience.

Signature Card update will probably be held until we have a new exchequer,
rather than do it now for the Seneschal and in a month for the Exchequer.

*Meeting Planning:*  $00.00. Shall the Barony meet once a month on Sunday
afternoon after Fighting Practice, at the Michigan Union? A test of this
plan will take place Sun 4/19/15.  *2nd of 3 Meetings *

*Report from Sunday 4/19 meeting:   *The notes will go out when these do.  It
was a nice turnout, about 15 people, and very informative discussion.  Thanks
to everyone!

This idea will not be settled in 3 meetings.  I am removing it from that
timetable, and will bring it up to ask for ideas and insight instead.

*Crown Lunch Tavern Proposal: $2088 Ms. Arina **2nd of 3 Meetings*

Crown Committee will discuss pay into the Lunch Tavern for meal tickets for
A&S Judges, rather than having the traditional Judges Lunch separately.  Claire
will be sure Arina is advised of this plan ASAP.

*Reprint Social Cards and Fliers: $50 *for Paper and Printing. Daye *2nd of
3 Meetings *Brns Kasha & Genoveva are working on this.

ON track.  No objections raised.

*Armored and Fencing Practice *Last reserved Union 4/26.  Next Practice
will be at Island Park.  There was discussion Sunday about the pros and
cons of Island Park vs. Gallup Park.  Reportedly some would like a location
with closer parking, fewer mosquitoes, and no catcalls from passing
canoeists.

*New Business*

*Add the PO Box as a line item to the Financial Policy*, just like our
online Domain Names, and continue payment until further notice.  *1st of 3
Meetings.   *

Is Electronic Checking/ Payments allowed by SCA policy?  It could save us
money on checks.  No, we need a paper trail.

*Reimburse Hattie $40 for replenishing the SOAS Student Account ASAP*.
*APPROVED
in One Meeting*.

Ermenrich proposed that since this is under 50 we approve it in one meeting
so Hattie can be repaid before she moves back to Metro Detroit for the
summer.  No Objections, much consent.

*Refill the Student Account to a certain level.* 1st of 3 meetings.

Tristan/ Ben will know how much this has been in the past.  We can ask him
to cut a check when those are restocked.  It can be delivered to the SOAS
Office by Kay or another officer who gets to campus regularly.

*Other Group Discussion*

*Status check on Approved Budget Items:*

*List upgrades* –

*Fabric for making new fighter tabards*

*Youth box* –

*New biz cards* – $50.

*Baronial Ballista *–

*Budget item: Fabric/materials for making new Baronial floor covering *($95
budget) Ms. Giovanna

*Budget item: Fabric and materials Shadowed Stars Baronial Gift ($200
budget) – *Brn Ermenrich

*Budget item: Archery supplies, general refreshing of used items ($200
budget) – *Forester Grey - Grey needs reimbursement for some of the
expenses for refurbishing archery equipment.  He will contact Ben.

*Announcements*

Lady Ceara Mhuirghease Fhaoláin has accepted my offer to become my deputy.

*** Aaron, please put her name on the Officers Roster on the web page.

4/26  1ST se Michigan Youth Combat Practice and Park Clean-up.  See the
announcement that came to the Cynnabar email list.

Grey is looking for a Bronze Caster

The Queen’s Favors I are needed back by May 2.

Ceara will be looking in to training as a youth marshall so there is one in
the Barony.  She will need loaner gear to run practices or activities.  Please
be on the lookout for used Hockey helmets and pads.