[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes 2/09/15 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Mon Feb 16 21:49:56 UTC 2015

So.unhappy with meeting minutes coming out the day before the meeting? Well,
how about them coming out only HOURS before the meeting! How bout them
apples! Sunday night minutes are starting to look pretty good now huh?!?!?
(I tell ya.it's almost as if I don't run this place.)

But hey, LOTS of new business from last week.

Stay warm everyone!

-Finn

Event and Demo Reports

Better War through Archery - Absolute blast. Over 100 people shooting!

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Fighters Retreat (Feb. 28th, 2015) - Check for e-mail with details. If you
are interested and did not get an e-mail please contact HE Ermenrich.

Terpsichore at the Tower (Mar. 7th, 2015) - Going well. Will have lunchroom
setting available. Need setup and cleanup crew. Setup Friday night starting
at 7:PM. Need to be out by midnight.

St. Cecilia at the Tower (April 24th - 26th, 2015) - Confirmed that Her
Highness will be in attendance. Please send in award recommendations!

Spring Crown Tournament (May 23rd and 24th, 2015) - Moving along. Staff put
together. Had first staff meeting.

Old Business

New proposal to fund making of new Baronial t-shirts ($100) - Gavril has a
cool design for a t-shirt and is looking for funding ($100) to start the
first run with a local t-shirt making company. The majority of the cost is
to go to making the screens for a 4 color design. A screen print shirt has
better colors and will last longer. It will take only selling 20 shirts to
break even. It was discussed putting the design on other items like tote
bags or long sleeve shirts or hoodies. This is the 3rd of our 3 meeting
discussion/approval process. Some questions though.

Will people in the Barony get to use the design if Gavril goes away? Answer
- Yes. Gavril would love to donate the design and rights to the Barony.

Can others order from the company or just Gavril? Answer - Yes. Gavril will
setup "Barony of Cynnabar" with specific named people (Baron/Baroness,
Seneschal, others) that will be able to place orders.

APPROVED! For spending $100 to create the silk screens.

Actual shirt funding will be a separate discussion with the Exchequer (as he
was not at this meeting) to make sure shirt orders/funding is done properly.

Demo: Cub Scouts. (Monday Feb. 23rd 7:PM to 8:PM) - Can we support this with
the time? Getting more details on what they are looking for in particular.
This is the 2nd of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process. - REQUEST
WITHDRAWN! Ends up location is in Howell and they were referred to Weldlake
the local group.

Event: Spring Revel (Sunday April 12th. $250 budget) - Baroness Kasha
proposed a $250 budget is for covering site (including alcohol license),
children supplies, potluck supplies and incidentals. This is the 2nd of our
3 meeting discussion/approval process. Note: In Gallup Park this year. No
issues or concerns.

THE MEETING AT HIS POINT WAS PAUSED FOR PIE.

New Business

Event: Grand Day of Tournaments (Saturday November 7th, 2015. $1980 budget)
- Proposal from Agnoletta and Johannesas event stewards. Back at Liberty
School again. Emphasis on more pageantry this year. Not planning for any
merchants this year as looking to sues the space for other activities. Still
missing key staff positions (have armored marshal, need gate, fencing MIC,
lunch tavern) and the group suggested these positions be filled before final
approval. This is the 1st of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process.

Lunch Tavern for St. Cecilia at the Tower ($400 budget) - Mistress Arina
brought forth a nicely written proposal for one of her (now famous!) lunch
taverns. $400 budget with a break-even of 40 people. This is the 1st of our
3 meeting discussion/approval process.

Budget item: List upgrades ($400 budget) - Baroness Giovanna on behalf of
Sir Gregoire is asking for $400 to make additional sections and improvements
to the Baronial list field. This will allow for five 21'x21' lists to be
setup at the same time. Daye and Pete are OK with the additional storage at
their place. We have plenty of flooring (as only armored uses it). This is
the 1st of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process.

Budget item: Fabric for making new fighter tabards ($250 budget) - Baroness
Kasha is asking for $250 to buy fabric to make new fighter tabards as the
Barony is almost out. She will be coordinating workshops to get them made as
well. This is the 1st of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process.

New group officer: Seneschal - Mistress Kay - Mistress Kay as generously put
her name in the hat to become Cynnabar's next Baronial Seneschal (following
the incomparable Finn) . She has been seneschal once before back with
Cynnabar was still a shire. In modern life she is a food service manager.
She is comfortable with moderating meetings and doing the reports. There was
a question about her timeliness on meeting minutes. No one had any issues or
concerns. This is the 1st of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process.

Group Discussion

None this week.

Announcements

Feb 28th will have a non-fighter (spa) day with HE Kasha at Lady Ilse's.
>From 10:AM till ???? E-mail with details to come out soon.

Mistress Arina will traveling for the next month and her deputy Lady Aeffe
will be filling in.

Genoveva and Gregor will be traveling also for the next 2 weeks.