[Cynnabar] A period German Costume Book

Kay Jarrell via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Thu Nov 12 16:41:47 UTC 2015

Countess Alys Katherine saw this and spread the word:

The November 11 blog on The History Blog site (
http://www.thehistoryblog.com/archives/date/2015/11) describes a
16th-century German book which includes 137 images of clothing that
Matthaus Schwarz wore over the years from birth to age 60. The article
contains 10 color prints from the book. Concluding this blog is an 8-minute
video on the re-creation of a red and gold silk doublet from 1530. The
“First Book of Fashion: The Book of Clothes of Matthaeus and Veit Konrad
Schwarz of Augsburg”, is edited by Ulinka Rublack, Maria Hayword, and Jenny
Tiramani and is available in bookstores. Online, you can browse through
some of the pages at Amazon.

Even though I'm not a costumer, I found the blog - and the sneak preview of
the book on Amazon - to be fascinating reading.

Alys Katharine

Dame Alys said to pass this on. Feel free to forward my email.
Kay, Boosting the signal.