[Cynnabar] 20160725 Barony of Cynnabar Business Meeting Notes

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Tue Jul 26 16:13:19 UTC 2016

And other updates have come even before I got away from the computer.  All
New Notes attached.

Still NO Meeting on 8/8/2016.
Kay
20160725 Barony of Cynnabar Business Meeting Minutes

Center Room, Pierpont Commons.  Workshops 6:30 to 7:15. _6 _ attendees

Meeting 7:30- 8:30. _12 _ attendees.

Attending: Ermenrich, Kasha, Morwen, Amelia, Daye, Eira, Grey, Gregor,
Genoveva, Alexander, Godaeth, Aeffe, Eadraed, Derian, Ursula, Kay

*Workshop Topics:*  Tonight was: *Project Hour with Lady Aeffe, Baronial
MOAS.*

            Contact Baroness Hannah Schreiber at dawnlsinclair at gmail.com if
you would like to present a workshop. All topics are of interest.

Aug 8 – NO Workshop.  In fact, NO MEETING!

Aug 15 – Pennsic Stories

Aug 22 – No Workshop

BOOK CLUB! *The Return of Martin Guerre*, by Natalie Zemon Davis.  See a
Synopsis at Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Return-Martin-Guerre-Natalie-Zemon/dp/0674766911 *Planned
Discussion: September 26.*

Meeting began at _ 7:36_ pm

*Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos*

*Pennsic War (July 29-Aug 14, 2016)*

*Pennsic planning:* Baronial Court theme is, “A Midsummer Night’s Dream.”

The MOST Up-to-Date information is in *Cynnabar Pennsic War
Reminders*, a Google
Doc Link
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UkaGtiVKhTZv3baF6V7LEWC6Sk3nGx1UqJJ8y3l6VT4/edit?usp=sharing>,
also pinned on our Facebook page.

I am not well enough to type it all in.  Sorry

·         -*Monday evening, August 8*: Chivalric round tables.

·         -*Tuesday evening*, *August 9*: gambling and gaming.  With a
bardic performance.

·         -*Wednesday, August 10*: KW Baronial Armored Champions Tournament
hosted by Cynnabar; Camp potluck; Baronial Court.

·         -*Friday evening, August 12:* Eat it, Drink it, Burn it night,
followed by games. Sir Gregoire will organize activities.

·         Check the Google Calendar
<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=k0tio33kag8m0pak3oc9dmmmls%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York>
for all dates and times.

Retainer Sign-up.  See last week’s email message from Her Excellency.

*Grand Day of Tournaments 2016 (Sat Nov 5, 2016)* Liberty School, Ann Arbor
Saline Road, Saline, MI. Ms. Giovanna Steward. Budget $1735. Breakeven 174.

No news

*Wassail!  Dec 10 2016, Chelsea Fairgrounds* – Reserved

 *Steward*: ?.

*Proposal:* no Proposals yet. One query.

*Pentemere 12th Night Jan 7, 2017. THL Ceara *Hidden Springs Church,
Howell *Budget
$2700* Breakeven: 170(approx)

            No news

*Terpsichore at the Tower **April 1, 2017 Lord Gavriil.* St Paul’s Church
of Christ, Saline MI. *B**udget $500* Breakeven: 50.

>From Gavriil 7/17/16

·         Aelfric is point of contact for the event site. The correct
paperwork has been submitted to St. Paul's through Chuck who can get us the
better rate for April 1st 2017.

·         We expect to hear back from their secretary’s office by Tuesday
July 19th.

*Old Business*

*Officer vacancies to be filled:*

Knight Marshal – *Master Zygmunt*  2nd of 3 Meetings

·         Gregor does not yet have a planned date for office transition

·         *Master Zygmunt* not able to attend tonight.  Distance from our
usual practice site discussed, his past record praised.

·         It is the officer’s right to select practice sites.  Zygmunt may
wish to locate a site on the west side of the Barony for alternative
practices.

·         No objections raised.

Chatelaine –

·         Applicant?   …not yet

Minister of Youth –

*Wassail Site Fee:  $150 Kay 3rd of 3 Meetings: * APPROVED

·         Kay booked the Site by phone on 7/7/16. The rental agreement is
in the Mail to the Fairground Coordinator. Return of signed contract was
requested.

·         Please approve expense so I can send the check and be reimbursed.

*New Business* (includes items potentially requiring budget outlays)

None

*Status check on approved budget items*

*Tower’s Foundation Medallions* –some will be done in time for Court at
Pennsic.

*Baronial Trailer* *Budget $3500-$3950* Wood lining was half done for
Celtic Fest Transport.

 * New Gloves for Rapier Practice and Training Lady Birke.$120 *6 pair
gloves at $20/ pair.  Purchase will be 2 small, 2 medium, and 3 large
cuffed gloves.

*Food & Supplies for Known World Baronial Champions Tourney at Pennsic.
Baron Ermenrich  $100.  *APPROVED Lady Daeg will be the organizer.

 *Group discussion *

Canton Public Library Demo Request:  Sunday October 23, 2016 tentatively
1-3 pm.

·         Amelia (Librarian) requesting  a mix of activities: Dance, Art &
Science Activities and display, Martial Arts display and demo if room
allows, Music performance, even a parade through the library to attract
attention at the start… really up to those who can come and work.

·         Daye will identify a Demo leader, as she is not available.

·         Attendees would be families.

·         Leaders of demo will tour site, see if and where combat
activities could happen.

 *Announcements*

Fencers staying in town report that a Rapier Practice will happen Sunday
Aug 7th at the usual practice site and time. Pennsic Pity Party is planned.

Outdoor Dance Practice in the Law Quad Wednesday 7pm.  The most medieval
place on campus…

* Words from Their Excellencies*

SEE Officer Reports

*Monthly Officer Reports*

*Archery Marshal* (Godaeth) – Busy Month. Practice was held July 3, 7, &
24. The 24th was Pennsic Populace Shoot practice, and felt like a Militia
turnout with much focused shooting. If you are shooting at Pennsic see The
Barony of Cynnabar Facebook page for a posting about the Populace Shoot.
July  17th there was an Archery tournament, attended by Their Excellencies.
Archery at Celtic Festival on 7/6 was very popular.

 Grey will have archery equipment for load at Pennsic.  Contact him.

Dillon is going to have some medical leave, so practices will be closed
from 8/7 till 9/11.  Please sign the card for Dillon.

The Barony may need to look for a new group archery marshal.  Godaeth has
been invited to apply to become Regional Archery Marshal.

*Armored Combat Marshal* (Gregor) – Practice has continued, despite
Gregor’s trip to Colorado.  Attendance has been light because so much is
happening. Good turnout for the Monthly Tournament, won by Dag, format was
Buckler. Fixit night was a success.  One new fighter is in training. Tim is
very enthusiastic, he and his lady wife are new to Cynnabar.

*Minister of Arts &Sciences* (Aeffe) –

Quarterly Report is in. There is a new Regional MoAS, Eva von Oldenbuck
[SP?] Celtic Fest was a success.  Aeffe is studying dying and attended a
workshop recently.

*Chatelaine* (Daege) –

Things are OK.  Report is in.  Welcome to Derian and Ursula, here tonight
and new to Cynnabar.  Tim and Danielle have also settled in.

*Chronicler* (Gavriil) – The deadline for the Citadel closed July 3rd.

*Exchequer* (Ilsa) – Kay: No report, but the checks from 2 weeks ago
cleared.

*Fencing Marshal* (William, Deputy Birke) –

Rapier has been happening!  We've had at least a few fencers at every
Sunday practice.  Monthly classes resume August 21st with a class by Lord
Ze'ev.  Birke has started filling in the fall rapier calendar with cool
things - contact her with any ideas you have that you'd like to see or even
run yourself.  ~Birke (and William

*Herald* (Johannes, Incoming Eadraed) – Eadraed says they have nothing of
note.

*Minister of Youth* (OPEN) –

*Webminister* (Aaron) – Website is up and running.

*Seneschal *(Kay) – I shall hold the fort while you are all at Pennsic War,
and work on my Quarterly Report.  If there is anyone or anything you would
like to see mentioned or commended to the Regional Seneschal for praise or
action please send me a note.

I am seeking any candidates who want to learn more about this office.  The
main requirements are a cool head, organization, kindness, and a
willingness to direct the verbal traffic in meetings.

*Baron and Baroness* (Kasha and Ermenrich) –

Pennsic additional news: IN camp 1st weekend, then returning Thursday night
for rest of War.  Please send us names of Cynnabar people who will be at
War, but not camping with us, so we can recognize them at Court. Please
tell all members of Cynnabar to join us Wednesday night for Pot Luck Feast
and Drunken Court.

There is a new Facebook page for Barons and Baronesses and the Crown to
share information.

We are still a Barony!

Meeting adjourned: _8:43_ pm

Attending:

Please supply your name if you are willing to have it appear in the meeting
notes.