[Cynnabar] 20161024 Barony of Cynnabar Business Meeting Notes

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Tue Nov 1 09:49:13 UTC 2016

 20161024 Barony of Cynnabar Business Meeting Notes

Center Room, Pierpont Commons.  Workshops 6:30 to 7:15. _6_ attendees

Meeting 7:30- 8:30. _15_ attendees.

Attending: Hattie, Tairdelbach, Hannah, Daege, Eadraed, Ermenrich, Kasha,
Kay, Morwen, Amelia, Ceara

*Workshop Topics:* Tonight’s workshop was *Good Books** for Medievalists**:
The Return of Martin Guerre, by Natalie Zemon Davis **led by Kay**.*

Nov 14: *Castles with Mistress Claire See the website for details to come.*

*January Book Club has 2 suggestions so far:*

·         *Hilde *by Nicola Griffith. About Saint Hilda of Whitby as a
young woman. Enthusiastically commended by those who have read it.

·         *All Things Shall be Well and All Manner of Things Shall be Well *by
Tod Wodicka. A more serious novel with a medieval re-enactor as protagonist.

            Contact Baroness Hannah Schreiber at dawnlsinclair at gmail.com if
you would like to present a workshop. All topics are of interest.

Meeting began at _7:34_ pm

*Report on Canton Public Library Demo*:  Sunday October 23, 2016. Lady Eidy

*From those who attended and demonstrated:* Fun! Stuff! Great variety of
activities and topics were presented.  There was a good mix of “See” and
“Do”. All the members of Cynnabar and our neighboring Shires and Baronies
who turned out were ambassadors, helpful and willing to speak with young
and old. Daye estimated 50 people passed through.  A majority were families
with children.

*Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos*

*Ann Arbor Dance Event,* “Time Traveler’s Ball” co-sponsored with AACT-MAD *Fri
Oct 28, 2016 7:30 -11:00 pm. Michigan League Lady Morwen, Liaison. *

·         Dance will be in the Vandenberg Rooms, Michigan Union. Gate is $6

·          posters are going up

*Grand Day of Tournaments 2016 Sat Nov 5, 2016,* Liberty School, Ann Arbor
Saline Road, Saline, MI. Ms. Giovanna Steward. Budget $1735. Breakeven 174.

·         Set Up will start Friday 11/4, 6 pm cafeteria, after 9 pm in the
Gym.

·         Alfric asking for gate shifts... need three people during busy
times.

·         20.75# of Coinage done as of 10/25, says Master Derien.  Completed
Saturday 10/29, IIRC, before these minutes were typed.

*Ann Arbor Christian School Demo Thursday Dec 8, 2016. Coordinator:
Daye. *Site:
5500 Whitmore Lake Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48105*, *

·          Leader: Daye  – We are still a month+ out from the date.  All is
well.

*Wassail!  Dec 10 2016, *Reserved *Chelsea Fairgrounds*.

·         *See Old Business. *

*Pentemere 12th Night Jan 7, 2017. THL Ceara *Hidden Springs Church,
Howell *Budget
$2700* Breakeven: 170(approx)

·         Site contract is signed for $1000. Much work to negotiate this.

·         It includes the School building across the parking lot for A&S
Competition.  There will be a walk through soon to complete room use
planning.

·         *See Also Old Business. *

*Terpsichore at the Tower **April 1, 2017 Lord Gavriil.* St Paul’s Church
of Christ, Saline MI. *B**udget $500* Breakeven: 50.

·         Site Reserved.

·         Event on Calendar

*St Cecelia at The Tower *May 13-14 or 20-21?* 2017 *St Paul’s Church
Saline & M-Union Anderson Rooms* Ms Jadzia. Budget $400 ($200 per 10/17
notes.) *Donations at the Door.

·         Note Date issue. 13-14 conflicts with Siege of Talonvale. 20-21
conflicts with Battle of the Inland Seas.

·         April 29 would be against It Takes My Child, and might be less of
a conflict.

*Old Business*

*Wassail!  Dec 10 2016, Chelsea Fairgrounds*. *$250 Site $150* *Baroness
Hannah*  *2nd of 3 meetings*

·         Eidy: deputy steward, Ilsa: setup, Claire: gate.

·         A google doc of Event Proposal details will appear soon.

*Pentemere 12th Night Jan 7, 2017. THL Ceara *Hidden Springs Church,
Howell *Budget
$2700* Breakeven: 170(approx)  *2nd of 3 meetings*

·         $500 added to 12th Night to cover demand from Site. This brings
Site fee to $3200 (or $3400 if we have $200 for Royalty Hotel Rooms.

·         Payment of site fee will be done at Walk Through.

·         No objections.

*Officer vacancies to be filled:*

1.      Chatelaine – Possible Applicant is Eidy.

2.      Minister of Youth –

3.      Office of Group Marshal for Archery –

4.      Deputy Seneschal (Drop Dead) – This can be a track to becoming the
next Seneschal, too.  That post will open up in Spring or Summer 2017.

*New Business* (includes items potentially requiring budget outlays)

            None.

*Status check on approved budget items *   Items in *Underline* need a
check cut, ALL DONE?

*Elephant’s Heart Medallions* – Pieces will be ready for the next baronial
courts, at Closing of the Range and Grand Day of Tournaments.

*Baronial Trailer* *Budget $3500-$3950* Wood lining in process.

*Custom designed Coins for Grand Day of Tournaments Betting Game**.* Master
Derian le Breton the Coiner $*120-150*.

*Rent a Handicap Porta John for use at Closing of the Range, Baronial
Archery Marshal Godaeth, $150.  *Has been ordered.

*GDoT Lunch Tavern,* Lady Ilse $600. MOVED to GDoT in Events.

*Replenishing the Student Organization Account. $200. *Kay will walk a
check to SOAS

*Registering the Baronial Awards and Order Names and Badges. *Mistress
Ursula, Herald. $136 (or-$140 with postage?)

*Ann Arbor Dance Event,** “Time Traveler’s Ball”* *Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:30
-11:00 pm. Michigan League Lady Morwen, Liaison**. $300*

*Restock Cards,* *Brochures-** Chatelaine Box. *$75 Lady Daye.

*Announcements** & Group Discussion*

*Closing of the Range: Final Archery Practice Sunday Oct 30. *See the
Archery Facebook page for details. There will be several archery
tournaments, snacks, Baronial Court and the announcement of a new Archery
Champion. New to Archery? Come and shoot for the first time at the last
practice of the season.

Hattie:  encountered members of the UM Historical Fencing Club, and told
them about the SCA.

*December Schedule *

·         We will need to have all business for 12th night done by Dec 19th.
NOTE that the University is closed after 12/23.  We will not be able to use
Pierpont on 12/26.

·         *Annual Cynnabar Gift exchange. Date? Site? Organizer? *

o   Consensus on 10/17 was *January* would be better than December.

*Officer Reports*

Exchequer (Ilsa) – Our PO Box key is missing and they will not issue us
another one unless the original signer comes in. They will not tell us who
that is. Aelfric is helping Ilse sort this out. Ben or Finn may be owner of
our PO Box.  [Not Finn, he reports. Kay 10/30] Ben is regional Exchequer.
He may be able to assist.

Webminister (Aaron) –

Fencing Marshal (William, Deputy Birke) –

Min A&S (Aeffe) –A team of dedicated builders is working on the GD0T
"Viewing Gallery".  This will be a small viewing area for use by invitees
during the tournaments.

Min. Youth (OPEN) –

Chatelaine (Daege) – Domesday Report is in.

Chronicler (Gavriil) – From Kay:  Please send articles.  We are required to
have a newsletter, and Gavriil cannot do it alone.  We owe our thanks to
Lady Johnna; she has been producing much of the content for many issues.

Herald (Eadraed) – Heralds & Scribes night is Monday 11/7.

Thanks to Hannah and Tairdelbach for their hospitality on October 3.  Thanks
to Ms. Ursula for teaching about heraldic commentary.

There will be no Heralds and Scribes Night on Jan 2. Eadraed and Hannah
think it is too close to the holiday, and we may need to focus on preparing
for 12th night.  There was also discussion on having a 12th Night season
gift exchange, rather than trying to do it in December. Jan 2 was a
possible date.

We need Heralds to work at Grand Day. Voice Heralds can sign up to do
boasts for various entrants who do not have their own herald. There may be
a planning meeting Friday night during Set-up. Wee Eadraed.

Knight Marshal (Zygmunt) –

Archery Marshal (Godaeth, retiring) –

-Practices held:

October 2

October 9

October 16 = rainy & Crown

Oct. 23 cancelled for Canton Library Demo

-Upcoming "event": annual "enhanced" practice, "Closing of the Range,"
Sunday October 30.  Shoots: 3-D walk-through with Zombies; Royal Rounds;
Clout tournament.  Prizes for each component plus one for overall winner
"Grand Slam" (all 3 shoots combined score).

-Forester Grey has many wonderful ideas, coordinated with Forester Dillon,
for keeping archery interest and community going over the winter, including
"field trips."

-Spring (2017) practice should begin Sunday April 9 or thereabouts.

Seneschal (Kay) – I have reported to the Regional Seneschal that we may
have an issue with the number of signers on our Bank Account.  The Barony
may need to authorize another officer to be a signer.

My thanks to Baroness Hannah for filling in the gaps as we tried to get
Insurance for Wassail ordered.

I am seeking a Drop Dead Deputy, and a possible replacement for this coming
spring. The Baron and Baroness advise that whoever takes over from me will
most likely be responsible for conducting the Polling.  They suggest if you
are interested that you read up on the polling process.

Baron and Baroness (Kasha and Ermenrich) –

We have a busy 2 weeks ahead. Then Wassail and the winter holidays on to 12
th night.

Please do award recommendations.  If you have business with us note that 12
th night Baronial Courts are limited to 1 award action per barony.

Finish Gifts for Grand Day!

We are still a Barony!

Meeting Adjourned at about 8:55 pm.