[Cynnabar] 20161121 Barony of Cynnabar Business Meeting Notes

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Sun Nov 27 22:45:50 UTC 2016

 I am sorry these are so late.  I have been very ill.  Kay
20161121 Barony of Cynnabar Business Meeting Notes

Center Room, Pierpont Commons.  Workshops 6:30 to 7:15. _2_ attendees

Meeting 7:30- 8:30. _8_ attendees.

Attending: Anne, Kevin, Heidi, Josephine, Matt, Carol, Ursula, Brian, Kay

*Workshop Topics:* Tonight’s workshop was: *Epics from Kievan Rus with Lady
Morwen.*

Nov. *28 Period Games with TH Lady Ceara: …*Lots of games can be played at
events or just at home with your friends. Come learn something new to play
at this year's Wassail or Pentemere 12th Night!

January 23, Book Club will be *Hilde *by Nicola Griffith. About Saint Hilda
of Whitby as a young woman.

            Contact Baroness Hannah Schreiber at dawnlsinclair at gmail.com if
you would like to present a workshop. All topics are of interest.

Meeting began at 7:38 pm

*Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos*

*Ann Arbor Christian School Demo Thursday Dec 8, 2016. Coordinator:
Daye. *Site:
5500 Whitmore Lake Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48105*, *

·         Choir practice has been held by Baroness Kasha. Aeffe will hold
practice this week.

*Wassail! [“Drink Hail”]  Dec 10 2016, *Baroness Hannah *Chelsea
Fairgrounds*.

·         Fire Dish is approved.  Bring a chair to sit around it.

·         Cynna Bar Competition will be a Dessert Auction to benefit Royal
Travel Funds.  Cash bids accepted, of course or checks may be made to SCA
Inc- Middle (Memo: Royal Travel Fund).

*KINGDOM 12th Night Jan 7, 2017. THL Ceara *Hidden Springs Church,
Howell *Budget
$2700* Breakeven: 170(approx)

            All is well.

*Terpsichore at the Tower **April 1, 2017 Lord Gavriil.* St Paul’s Church
of Christ, Saline MI. *B**udget $500* Breakeven: 50.

            No report

*St Cecelia at The Tower *May 13-14 or 20-21?* 2017 *St Paul’s Church
Saline & M-Union Anderson Rooms* Ms Jadzia. Budget $400 ($200 per 10/17
notes.) *Donations at the Door.

·           Date conflicts are not yet settled.  Jadzia with Kasha and
Ermenrich are approaching conflicting event sponsors to find a compromise.
We can appeal to the Kingdom Calendar Secretary for a variance if no
agreements can be reached.

*Old Business*

*Officer vacancies to be filled:*

1.      Chatelaine – Possible Applicant is Eidy.

2.      Minister of Youth –

3.      Office of Group Marshal for Archery –

4.      Deputy Seneschal (Drop Dead) – This can be a track to becoming the
next Seneschal, too.  That post will open up in Spring or Summer 2017.

*New Business* (includes items potentially requiring budget outlays)

Winterfest Mon Jan 9 & Tues Jan 10, 4-7 Lady Hattie. $25 registration fee

·         It's not as intense as Festifall (plus it's inside), and both
dates are still available.

·         Is anyone willing and able to contribute banners/signage for our
table?

·         People needed to help man the tables.

·         Registration closes December 9, so if anyone has
questions/comments/concerns/etc, please have them *contact Hattie via email
or Facebook*. I'll also be emailing the student group to see if I can reel
them back in.

It is not too early to start planning* Grand Day of Tournaments 2017*.
Steward_____ Budget: Site $1200 + $____

·         Liberty School Saline MI, is booked as of Tuesday 11/15/16.  Thanks,
Godaeth! $1200 is offered “usual” rate for 7 am to 8 pm on Saturday.

·         Event has been submitted to Kingdom Calendar by Kay.

·         Kay will fill out the space use request and return to Joe
Freeman, by the end of December.

·         *STEWARD*? TBD.  Budget and planning should *start at the end of
January*.  An excellent planning document has been created.  Ask for a link
if you are interested in this honor.

*Status check on approved budget items    *Items in *Underline* need a
check cut, to be done next week.

*Pennsic Activities 2015 *$____ Eidy

*Wassail 2015 *$____ Eidy

*Baronial Trailer* *Budget $3500-$3950* Wood lining in process.

*Grand Day of Tournaments Lunch Tavern 2016 *$____ Hannah

*Registering the Baronial Awards and Order Names and Badges. *Mistress
Ursula, Herald. $100 (- $36 disbursed 11/21)

*Restock Cards,* *Brochures-** Chatelaine Box. *$75 Lady Daye.

*Announcements** & Group Discussion*

*Elevation of Mistress Kathrine Barton Rames *to the Order of the Laurel,
at combat practice, by the hand of Her Majesty Kateryn. Mistress Kathrine
is the Cynnabar Arts and Sciences Champion.

*Workshop Presenter *needed for second December Meeting.

*We need a site search.  *Liberty School kitchen was unacceptably dirty.  Site
has other shortcomings. Hidden Springs Church does not care if they have
our business.

*December Schedule *

·         We will need to have all business for 12th night done by Dec 19th.
NOTE that the University is closed after 12/23.  We will not be able to use
Pierpont on 12/26.

·         *Annual Cynnabar Gift exchange. Date? Site? Organizer? *

o   January 2 is under discussion.

o   We might be able to book Center Room.  We can cancel later.

o   A restaurant?  Kay will investigate Holidays on Stadium

o   Godaeth will ask about renting Zal Gaz Grotto Club room on Stadium.  Plenty
of parking, we can potluck there. They have a bar and those who wish my
purchase beverages.

*Baron and Baroness* (Kasha and Ermenrich) –

Awards! Contact Kasha if you need help using the Kingdom Awards site.  Kingdom
recommendations for 12th Night need to be done ASAP. Scrolls will be
assigned soon.  Be sure to check any recommendations you have submitted and

Meeting Adjourned at about 8:30 pm.