[Cynnabar] 20170123 Barony of Cynnabar Business Meeting Notes

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Mon Feb 13 01:14:23 UTC 2017

 Please forgive the delay.  I have been out of town on family business.

Kay
20170123 Barony of Cynnabar Business Meeting Notes

Center Room, Pierpont Commons.  Workshops 6:30 to 7:15. _4 _ attendees

Meeting 7:30- 8:30. _8_ attendees.

Attending: Amyon (Pat) Aeffa, Godaeth, Eadraed (Mike) Kasha, Ermenrich von
Duisburg, Morwen, Heidi Lemon, Elenora Alana (Amelia), Kay

*Workshop Topics:* *Tonight* Book Club with Ms. Kay *Hilde *by Nicola
Griffith.

*Feb 13: Origami! *Join THL Terryl MacAodhagain for an hour of origami!
Learn more about this fun period pastime from one of our most experienced
teachers.  Materials provided.

*Monday, Feb. 20*: *SCA lunch taverns 101 *Come and hear Baroness Hannah
Schreiber describe how to plan, manage, and run a successful lunch tavern
at an SCA event. Topics will cover menu planning, preparation, and day of
operation.

*Monday, Feb. 27:* *Entering an SCA Arts and Sciences competition *The Arts
and Sciences tournament season is upon us!  Meisterinne Genoveva von Lubeck
unlocks the mysteries of entering your creations in a competition.

 Meeting began at _7:39_pm.

*Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos*

*Terpsichore at the Tower **April 1, 2017 Lord Gavriil.* St Paul’s Church
of Christ, Saline MI. *B**udget $500* Breakeven: 50.

            Facebook page up.  Web site up.

*St Cecelia at The Tower *May 20-21* 2017 *St Paul’s Church Saline & M-Union
Anderson Rooms* Ms Jadzia. Budget $400 ($200 per 10/17 notes.) *Donations
at the Door.

            Web site up

*Grand Day of Tournaments- Nov 4, 2017 Site is reserved. Funding *Deposit
should go on the Agenda in January.  Pay in March?

            Proposals from Stewards are due in March. Please bring copies
to Meeting, and send e-copy to Kay.

            Spring and early summer Eventing Season will be our Word of
Mouth promotion time.

            Pale ad will be due in August for the October Pale.  If you are
steward please send BEFORE Pennsic War for peace of mind.

*Old Business*

*Site Fee for Grand Day of Tournaments 2017 $1200 3rd of 3 Meetings*

·         Site is booked.  Godaeth reports that we can pay $500 down and
get a refund from Liberty School if we cancel 2 weeks out.

·         *Decided:* Fill out the paperwork for the reservation but wait to
pay the deposit until we see if a Steward comes forward with another site
proposal

·         *Kay will re-approach this project*

*Officer vacancies to be filled:*

1.      Chatelaine – Possible Applicant is Eidy.

2.      Minister of Youth – Ze’ev Ben Ami (Adi Peshkess) has expressed
interest on FB.

3.      Office of Group Marshal for Archery –

4.      Deputy Seneschal (Drop Dead) –A candidate has inquired.  Seneschal
post will open up in Spring or Summer 2017.

*New Business* (includes items potentially requiring budget outlays)

*Spring Revel  *Sunday April 23  Steward: Elenora Alana 1ST *of 3 meetings*

The meeting brainstormed a proposal:

·         Costs: $200.00 +/- $20

o   Island Park New Shelter (with bathrooms)* $137* Reserved & Paid by Kay
1/25/17

o   Beer and Wine Permit: *$125* Paid by Kay 1/25/17

§  Non Profit groups get resident rate

§  Bathroom access depends on overnight temperatures the previous week.

o   Incidentals *$40-$50:* Charcoal, lighter fluid, Misc Paper Supplies,
_______

·         Schedule:

o   Start- Noon

o   Practices (Armored Combat, Defense, Dancing) 12-3 pm

o   Baronial Photo 3:00 -4:00 – *Wear Red if you can this year.*

o   Court approx 4:00 pm

o   Potluck 5:00 pm after Court

·         Staff:  Elenora Alana- Steward, Zygmunt –Marshall in Charge,
William & Birke- Marshalls of Defense, _____ (Alina?)- Marshall of Dance?

*Herald’s Office Eadraed $40 for Supplies 1st of 3 meetings*

Binders to store armorial publications, Dry Erase Boards to draw armorials
for meetings, training and consultations.

*Status check on approved budget items    *

*12th Night *Lady Ceara are all receipts in?

*Registering the Baronial Awards and Order Names and Badges. *Mistress
Ursula, Herald. $100 (- $36 disbursed 11/21)

*Restock Cards,* *Brochures-** Chatelaine Box. *$75 Lady Daye.*  Will
advise when done.*

*Announcements** & Group Discussion*

Grey Oddson: *Pentemere Archery College* (held at MSU Demmer Center) is
seeking a sponsor and Cynnabar is one of the target groups for PAC 2018.  Kay
suggests:  Ask Pentemere Regional Seneschal to be the :Sponsoring Group.”
Then hand out areas of responsibility and expense to the Baronies and
Shires.  Kasha and Ermenrich like this better than sponsoring an event in
another Barony’s territory.

Ballista Crew:  It needs expensive ammo.  Ermenrich will discuss the future
of the Ballista with Cynnabar’s fighting community

*Officer Reports          Big 5 followed by rest.  Martial grouped.*

Min A&S (Aeffe) –  Taking over Workshop scheduling. Thanks to Hannah for
starting this activity. Please suggest topics

Chronicler (Gavriil) – Citadel is out.

Exchequer (Ilsa) –  $9900.  All but last Lunch Tavern bills are in from 12th
Night

Herald (Eadraed) – Herald’s night. New books on Heraldry and Naming.  Removing
old outdated books from Cynnabar collection. Building data base of books.
New Regalia:  Designers please suggest ideas and Artisans to create them.
Pursuivant report is in.

Knight Marshal (Zygmunt) –

Archery Marshal (OPEN ) –

Fencing Marshal (William, Deputy Birke) –

Chatelaine (Daege) – Reports are in.  I am still working as Chatelaine

Webminister (Aaron) – Site update this last month were successful.

Min. Youth (OPEN) – Our Youth Activities at 12th night were Praised, per
the Kingdom Minster of Youth!

Seneschal (Kay) – Report dates have changed to middle of month.  I notified
Regional Seneschal just now that my report might be late do to a month of
family issues.

Baron and Baroness (Kasha and Ermenrich) –

Fighter Retreat is coming.  Talk to Ermenrich if you wish to attend and did
not get the news.

Birke may be planning a Regional equivalent gathering for the Rapier
community

Thank you to all who have supported the family of Mistress Kathryn Hatton
Rames.

Kasha will be at Regular Day in Cleftlands, though this may now be moot.

Val Day comments are now moot.

Landed Baron’s Retreat:  Kasha and Ermenrich will attend.

All Officers:  Get  Deputy!

We are still a Barony!

Meeting Adjourned at about _9:00_ pm.

Attending:

Please supply your name if you are willing to have it appear in the meeting
notes.