[Cynnabar] 20170522 Business meeting notes

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Mon May 22 19:37:34 UTC 2017

20170508 Barony of Cynnabar Business Meeting Notes

Sidetrack Bar & Grill, Ypsilanti

Workshop at 6:30 pm.  _12 _ attendees

Meeting 7:30- 8:30. _ 16_ attendees.

Attending: Derian, Ermenrich, Aeffe, Gray, Godhit, Morwen, Johannes,
Tairdelbach, Gavril, Eadraed, Ceara, Kasha, Jadwiga, Giovanna, Edonea, Ionis

*Workshop Topics:** Tonight was: **Be a Baronial Correspondent! With Godit
(the Forester formerly known as Godaeth). Write for THE CITADEL! Come and
find out the "what, when, and how". The "who" is YOU!*            Ask
Baroness Kasha if you would like some reinforcement and encouragement to
give your class on something that interests you.

Meeting began at _ 7:30 _pm.

*Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos*

*St Cecelia at The Tower *May 20-21* 2017 *St Paul’s Church Saline & M-Union
Anderson Rooms* Ms Jadzia. Budget $400 ($200 per 10/17 notes.) *Donations
at the Door.

·         Ms. Jadzia or Mr. Aaron – volunteers needed

·         Test lunch and dinner was performed on Thursday 4/27

o   Broth finished and freezing, meats this week,

*Celtic Fest Demo Saturday July 15, 2017 Demo *– Baron Tairdelbach  $100
snacks and drinks

·         Set up is the evening of Friday July 14.

·         Thrown Weapons vs archery still under discussion due to space
management / area control

Plan hammered out for thrown weapons – remaining questions?  Insufficient
staff for archery

Funds to replace axe handles that get broken may be requested

*Cook’s Symposium October 13, 14 & 15, 2017 *St Paul’s Church of Christ,
Saline MI. *Baroness Hannah $525     Breakeven 66*

·         Breakeven updated to 66

·         We are starting to schedule classes and meet with key staff
members.

·         Baroness Hannah is also soliciting bids for lunch taverns and
will be contacting people soon about that.

*Grand Day of Tournaments- Nov 4, 2017 *Liberty School, Saline MI.*
Mistress Genoveva Steward $2260 breakeven 174 (may change)           *

·         *Site is reserved. *Deposit should go to the school in July.

*Old Business*

*A Proposed Policy for the use of the Baronial Trailer *Presented by Kay,
NO Budget.* 6th of 3 Meetings*

The Barony needs a policy to guide decisions about what we use our trailer.
The discussion Monday raised some ideas for revision.

Trailer insurance from SCA is liability only.

A full text with revisions marked up was distributed Wed 4/12 via email &
Facebook.

*Most important note from 4/17/17:  We did not think this discussion needed
to end at 3 meetings.  It is more valuable to get a consensus of the
Barony.*

*Opinion poll released, please go fill it out!*

*Amend the Financial Policy to say that discussions with expenditures shall
run for “at least” three (3 ) meetings.  *Baron Tairdelbach *4th of 3
meetings.  *

·         We do not have to stop at 3.

·         But let’s not set a maximum number.

·         Current proposed wording is that “… additional meetings may be
added to the decision making process on a case by case basis.”

·         APPROVED

*Discussion of Exchequer / event policies*

            All receipts handed in at one time – Ilse will write up a
policy for what she wants as exchequer.

            A great deal of discussion was had regarding the discretionary
funds we provide to event stewards.  We do not want to micromanage our
event stewards, but we also ought to account for costs correctly.

            No policy has been formally proposed to the Barony.

*Officer vacancies to be filled:*

1.      Minister of Youth–

*New Business* (includes items potentially requiring budget outlays)

Midair’s vigil!  Contact Giovanna for more info, facebook group is set up
for people to help.

NOWM is looking for someone to run youth activities.  Ceara is looking for
help, if you are background checked and willing to take point to be youth
coordinator on site she will help you with getting classes set up.

*Status check on approved budget items*

*Registering the Baronial Awards and Order Names and Badges. *Mistress
Ursula, Herald. $100 ($36 disbursed 11/21) ($32 spent 2/13, disbursed 2/20)
$42 remains to be spent. Process continues, reports Eadraed.

*Restock Cards,* *Brochures-** Chatelaine Box. *$75 Lady Daye.*  DONE*

*Exchequer Office Supplies. $50.00-$75.00  *Lady Ilse*  DONE? *Kay thinks
yes, and that costs ran over budget by a few dollars.

*Announcements** & Group Discussion*

*TRIAL RUN of Meetings at The Side Track Tap in Depot Town Ypsilanti In MAY
2017 * 5/8, 5/15, and 5/22. 56 E Cross St, Ypsilanti, MI 48198
http://sidetrackbarandgrill.com

Talonval went well!  SQUIRE Midair was placed on vigil for knighthood.

Thinking ahead to Pennsic, schedule planning is underway; Wednesday for
drunken court / potluck tentative.

Eat it drink it burn it Friday.

The Barony will march fighters to the field, confirmed for Monday morning
(10:30) and Friday morning (8:30)

If you are doing anything at Pennsic like running a tournament or other
event, contact Their Excellencies!  Calendar will be shared with the Barony
soon.

Next summer, 2018, 20th anniversary as a barony, 40th anniversary as an SCA
group!  The Barons and Baronesses of Cynnabar are planning an event;
September 2018.  If there is anything you think is critical for such an
awesome event, please communicate it to Their Excellencies.

Meeting ended at _8:28 PM _