[Cynnabar] 20171120 business meeting notes

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Mon Nov 27 15:41:35 UTC 2017

And this one brings us up to date.  Sorry again these are so tardy.

-Derian.

November 13, 2017  Barony of Cynnabar Business Meeting Notes

Journey of Faith Christian Church, Ann Arbor, MI

Pre-meeting workshop 6:30-7:30: 7 attendees

Meeting 7:30- 8:30: 8 attendees

Attending: Derian, Malachy, Aeffe, Godhit, Ermenrich, Hattie, Kay, Staum,
Max, Ursula, Midair
*Workshop Topic:** None* Business Meeting began at 7:30 pm

*Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos*

*Wassail, December 16th 2017, Wayne County fairgrounds,* *Albina Gherardi
(Bina), $850 (including $200 refundable deposit) *

Wayne county fairgrounds as a site, it is in a shared zip code.  Date is
scheduled (Dec 16th), $450 for the day, plus a $200 refundable deposit.  We
can still have our Yule fire.

·         Wayne County Fairgrounds has received the deposit check.

·         Balance due Dec 1st.

·         Contract is signed.

·         Santa has been contacted and will be there!

·         Ceara will be helping with youth activities

·         Setup at noon, site opens at 2pm.  Cleanup will start at 10pm, we
must be off site by 11pm.

*Cynnabar Ruby Jubilee: * Baroness Kasha, $6,250.  August 31st – September 2
nd, 2018.

·         DATE CHANGE due to availability of the site (original weekend we
requested was not available), request has been sent to the kingdom Calendar
deputy.

·         First staff meeting has been held!

·         Break-even is 250; 209 adults if everyone camps, 313 adults if
everyone daytrips Saturday.  Fewer if people rent cabins.

·         Event proposal reviewed (see link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12wpbBpDV46BEcuM2aI29OgdmPVyC7ZkYJEJp-fjo8KI/edit?usp=sharing
)

·         Preliminary website up.

·         If you  are interested in helping out or taking a staff position
please contact Baroness Kasha

·         One set of cabins / tent camping area designated as quiet area

·         No staking in the septic area, this will be marked

·         There are approximately 125 parking spots, plus roughly 30
overflow parking spots further away.

·         Deposit check and SCA insurance checks (alcohol, golf cart,
supplemental site) have been sent in

*Old Business*

*Grand Day of Tournaments- Nov 4, 2017 *Liberty School, Saline MI.*
Mistress Genoveva Steward. Budget $2260; breakeven 174 *

·         We are to be billed for the site now that the event has passed.

·         314 attendees!  Gate total $3110, minus $75 NMS, total income
$3035

*Officer vacancies to be filled:*

1.       Minister of Youth– Still seeking a Minister of Youth

*New Business* (includes items potentially requiring budget outlays)

Cynnabar will need a baronial chronicler after the last issue of the year,
please contact Their Excellencies or Derian if you are interested.  This is
a required office for the Barony.

Exchequer office supplies, Jadzia, $50 immediate need for stamps, paper
clips, etc.  APPROVED.

*St Cecila, Aeffe Torsdottir, May 12th – 13th, 2018, $450*, People’s
Presbyterian church in Milan, where Hannah and Tairdelbach’s investiture
was.  The sanctuary was built for piano concerts, so it has good
acoustics.  Kitchen, spacious fellowship hall, lounge, two small
classrooms, and a royalty room.  Sunday site TBD.  Site: $250, Salon Food:
$100, Printing $50, Incidental costs $50.  Breakeven is 90 people at
average of $5 donation.  Third of three meetings APPROVED

*Terpsichore, Midair MacCormaic*, April 21, 2018, $550, St Paul’s in
Saline.  The site is available, same setup as prior years.  Lunch tavern
will be a separate proposal.  If you want to learn how to run an event,
this is a great one to be deputy steward for!  First of three meetings.

*Status check on approved budget items*

*Lunch tavern at cook’s symposium, Baroness Hannah for Renaude de Lunay,
$425 budgeted, *income of $284 at the event.  Receipts TBD, 71 tickets sold

*Lunch Tavern at Grand Day of Tournaments* – *$600, Lady Ilse*, $6 a
head, break
even 100 meals.  Income $745.5  Receipts TBD.

*Dame Ursula / Lord Eadraed, Heralds. $100 ($36 disbursed 11/21/16, $32
disbursed 2/20/17, $16 disbursed 7/10/17) $26 remains to be spent. *Lord
Eadraed reported that the registration process is continuing.

First batch of items have gone through, three order names accepted,
Elephant’s tusk is pending.  Need to work on badge design to finish
spending the budget.

*Announcements** & Group Discussion*

The baronial scribal guild will be meeting on 12/30/17 (a Saturday) at
Hannah & Tairdelbach’s – contact them for more details.

Next citadel deadline is Dec 15th for the end of the year issue, to be
published ~Jan 1st.  We are specifically looking for memories regarding
Wassail.

Jadzia - Review of books completed.  Our financial policy needs to be
approved by kingdom.  We need to have an inventory of Baronial assets, due
in the Spring.

Baroness Kasha – Caroling will be happening!  If you want to sing holiday
carols, you are invited.

Holiday gift exchange!  Monday December 18th.  Instead of business meeting
(modulo any urgent business) we will be holding a gift exchange, more
details TBD.

Monthly tournaments have returned!  We have a new system this year for
scheduling tournaments, they will be happening consistently!

*Meeting ended:  **8:10 pm*

[Next Meeting:  Monday November 20th, 2017, at Journey of Faith church
in Ann Arbor]