[Cynnabar] On the Question regarding Talonval at the Q&A

Art Sinclair via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Fri Jun 21 14:26:47 EDT 2019

Hello all,

I had some concerns about how this topic got brought up.

I know the question that Jorun decided not to ask which I felt was worded
well so that it asked about the idea very generally. Her decision was
perhaps based on her realizing what was really being asked in a roundabout
way and decided to just cut thru the "BS" without realizing that maybe that
BS was there for a reason. I also realize that this could be bourne out of
a generational difference in communication, however, most of the folks over
in Talonval are older and I suspect would find the implications in this
kind of talk offensive and it would only further complicate the
relationship between our groups.

My concern with the very specific wording is mostly because, though it was
not an issue last night, it could have been since our meetings are open to
all, it brings that discussion into a very public forum and also as part of
our polling process which could put it and us as a group in a bad light.
I'm concerned that it would make us look as if we are actively and openly
plotting to essentially take over Talonval regardless of the feelings of
the people of Talonval. That just looks bad and it's not, I hope, true.
While many may feel like there could be a lot of benefit to such a union I
don't think anyone wants to truly take over that area against the will of
the residents of the area.

They deem me mad for I will not sell my days for gold; I deem them mad for
they think my days have a price.
-- Kahlil Gibran